Whichever SharePoint version you use (Online, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010), you will get some pre-installed set of lists, libraries, pages depending on the type of template you selected (Team site, Communication site, etc.).
2 of such special libraries are -
⚡️ SITE ASSETS Library - It is not usually for storing regular documents, used to store images, logos, HTML files, js files, CSS files, OneNote notebook, etc.
⚡️ SITE PAGES Library - It is used for storing site pages. Site pages, Wiki pages, Web part pages are stored here. You may still store pages in other libraries, it's recommended to keep them here.
If you can not find these libraries in the Site Contents, use the below steps to fix and enable the missing libraries. Performing a search might return zero results with a message - We didn’t find a match here, but check out the hundreds of results in the SharePoint Store. We didn’t find a match here but search across all your apps.
- Naviate to Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration --> click Site collection features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Under Site Actions --> Click Manage site features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing feature (this is web scope feature).
- Activate Video and Rich Media feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Activate Wiki Page Home Page feature (this is site level feature).
Once the features are activated, the missing document libraries will be added to the SharePoint site and can be accessed. If they still do not appear, try adding the library/App to your site manually.
⚠️ Additional troubleshootingIf you receive the below error while activating the feature, activate the 'SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure' feature at the site collection level and then the 'SharePoint Server Publishing' site level feature as it is a dependant feature
The feature being activated is a Site scoped feature which has a dependency on a Site Collection scoped feature which has not been activated. Please activate the following feature before trying again: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure GUID
The Site scoped feature being activated has a dependency on hidden Site scoped feature 'FeatureDefinition/15/GUID' (ID: 'GUID'). Hidden features cannot be auto-activated across scopes. There may be one or more visible Site scoped features that auto-activate the dependent hidden feature.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..