Whichever SharePoint version you use (Online, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010), you will get some pre-installed set of lists, libraries, pages depending on the type of template you selected (Team site, Communication site, etc.).
2 of such special libraries are -
⚡️ SITE ASSETS Library - It is not usually for storing regular documents, used to store images, logos, HTML files, js files, CSS files, OneNote notebook, etc.
⚡️ SITE PAGES Library - It is used for storing site pages. Site pages, Wiki pages, Web part pages are stored here. You may still store pages in other libraries, it's recommended to keep them here.
If you can not find these libraries in the Site Contents, use the below steps to fix and enable the missing libraries. Performing a search might return zero results with a message - We didn’t find a match here, but check out the hundreds of results in the SharePoint Store. We didn’t find a match here but search across all your apps.
- Naviate to Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration --> click Site collection features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Under Site Actions --> Click Manage site features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing feature (this is web scope feature).
- Activate Video and Rich Media feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Activate Wiki Page Home Page feature (this is site level feature).
Once the features are activated, the missing document libraries will be added to the SharePoint site and can be accessed. If they still do not appear, try adding the library/App to your site manually.
⚠️ Additional troubleshootingIf you receive the below error while activating the feature, activate the 'SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure' feature at the site collection level and then the 'SharePoint Server Publishing' site level feature as it is a dependant feature
The feature being activated is a Site scoped feature which has a dependency on a Site Collection scoped feature which has not been activated. Please activate the following feature before trying again: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure GUID
The Site scoped feature being activated has a dependency on hidden Site scoped feature 'FeatureDefinition/15/GUID' (ID: 'GUID'). Hidden features cannot be auto-activated across scopes. There may be one or more visible Site scoped features that auto-activate the dependent hidden feature.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell
- How to change SharePoint Online site collection or subsite URL address
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case - NotepadPlusPlus
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java - Java
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser - Eclipse
- Facebook : Warning: Request without access token missing application ID or client token - Facebook
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10 - NotepadPlusPlus
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException - Android
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Java
- Toast not getting displayed Android App - Android
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- Upload docx file using PHP script - PHP
- Comprehensive 256 Ascii code table with Html Hex IBM Microsoft Key - Html
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- import servlet API to eclipse project (javax.servlet cannot be resolved error) - Java
- Android: Unknown error code during application install : - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint