Whichever SharePoint version you use (Online, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010), you will get some pre-installed set of lists, libraries, pages depending on the type of template you selected (Team site, Communication site, etc.).
2 of such special libraries are -
⚡️ SITE ASSETS Library - It is not usually for storing regular documents, used to store images, logos, HTML files, js files, CSS files, OneNote notebook, etc.
⚡️ SITE PAGES Library - It is used for storing site pages. Site pages, Wiki pages, Web part pages are stored here. You may still store pages in other libraries, it's recommended to keep them here.
If you can not find these libraries in the Site Contents, use the below steps to fix and enable the missing libraries. Performing a search might return zero results with a message - We didn’t find a match here, but check out the hundreds of results in the SharePoint Store. We didn’t find a match here but search across all your apps.
- Naviate to Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration --> click Site collection features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Under Site Actions --> Click Manage site features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing feature (this is web scope feature).
- Activate Video and Rich Media feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Activate Wiki Page Home Page feature (this is site level feature).
Once the features are activated, the missing document libraries will be added to the SharePoint site and can be accessed. If they still do not appear, try adding the library/App to your site manually.
⚠️ Additional troubleshootingIf you receive the below error while activating the feature, activate the 'SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure' feature at the site collection level and then the 'SharePoint Server Publishing' site level feature as it is a dependant feature
The feature being activated is a Site scoped feature which has a dependency on a Site Collection scoped feature which has not been activated. Please activate the following feature before trying again: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure GUID
The Site scoped feature being activated has a dependency on hidden Site scoped feature 'FeatureDefinition/15/GUID' (ID: 'GUID'). Hidden features cannot be auto-activated across scopes. There may be one or more visible Site scoped features that auto-activate the dependent hidden feature.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum - HowTos
- Clone a particular remote brach using git clone command - Git
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop? - MacOS
- List of Java JDBC Database Driver Jars, Classes and URLs Details - Java
- Auto Refresh Webpage after every x Second or Minute using Meta Tag? - Html
- List of jar files for Jax-ws (SOAP) based Java Web Services - Java
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown - Docker
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1 - Android-Studio