Microsoft has added a plenty of new features since the introduction of Microsoft Lists, which is nothing but a separate Office 365 product based on SharePoint Lists - comments, gallery view, rules, templates, etc.
With an upcoming feature, you will now be able to work with Lists in offline mode (Microsoft Lists and SharePoint Online List), even without an active internet connection.
Lists will automatically sync to the Windows 10+ device.
You can perform almost all operations in offline mode and changes will sync to the cloud when you connect to the internet - change list views, filter, sort, group.
The offline sync for Lists rollout is expected to start in July 2021 and complete by August 2021.
- A background process is installed for sync - Microsoft Nucleus.exe.
- Data stored in local database on users computer/laptop.
- Requests are handled through a secure localhost HTTP server.
- OneDrive sync app is used for updates.
- Only supported on devices with Windows 10 or later and running the OneDrive sync app.
- Improves performance, supports even large lists.
- Work does not stop even when you lose internet connection.
- Sync process automatically begins when user navigates to any list or to the Lists web app.
- All eligible lists that are visible from the Lists app will be synced.
- The offline sync feature is on by-default for all eligible lists.
- This feature was announced in Message Center with reference MC261538. Read more on the feature here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=68809
Microsoft 365 Tenant Administrators can use these Group Policy objects (GPOs) to configure Lists sync on user devices.
- DisableNucleusSync - Prevent Lists sync from running on the device (default: not enabled).
- BlockExternalListSync - Prevent users from syncing lists shared from other organization (default: not enabled).
- DisableNucleusSilentConfig - Prevent users from getting silently signed in to Lists sync with their Windows credentials (default: not enabled).
- Control Access from unmanaged devices - Blocks or limits access to SharePoint and OneDrive content from unmanaged devices (default: not configured).
- Control access to SharePoint and OneDrive data based on network location - Controls access to SharePoint and OneDrive resources in Microsoft 365 based on defined network locations that you trust (default: not configured).
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003 - HowTos
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial] - Android
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer - Microsoft
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403) - SharePoint