As a SharePoint admin, a common request that you may get from various site stakeholders is to add a Team Calendar on their landing page. There are a few Calendar options that you can make use of.
1. Events - A SharePoint based Calendar
Events is a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site by clicking on the + sign when you are editing a section on the site. Using the Events web part you can add a calendar to your page to display upcoming events such as meetings, seminars, town halls, etc.
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add the Events web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Events and click on add,
- Add Title, Source, and Category details.
- You can also add a date range to display for the upcoming events (this week, next two weeks, this month, next quarter, or a date range)
- Choose from the Layout options Filmstrip or Compact.
- Toggle to either show or hide event images.
- When all required details are added, click on Republish.
2. Group Calendar - A Microsoft 365 Group Calendar (Outlook)
A Group Calendar is again a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site.
Note that a Group Calendar is associated with a Team site and so this web part only works with Team sites.
To add a Group Calender, follow the below steps,
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add a web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Group Calender and click on add,
- Select the Group Name from the Dropdown.
- Select the number for "Number of Events per Page" to be displayed.
- Once all required details are added, click on Republish.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Fix - zsh: command not found: conda [macOS] - zsh
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity. - Android
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout - Android-Studio
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac? - Powershell
- Convert JSON to Gson with type as ArrayList - Java
- Create a Directory using Java Code - Java
- Microsoft Teams Error code - 6 issue - Teams
- How to hide or disable iOS 14 App Library on iPhone? - Apple