As a SharePoint admin, a common request that you may get from various site stakeholders is to add a Team Calendar on their landing page. There are a few Calendar options that you can make use of.
1. Events - A SharePoint based Calendar
Events is a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site by clicking on the + sign when you are editing a section on the site. Using the Events web part you can add a calendar to your page to display upcoming events such as meetings, seminars, town halls, etc.
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add the Events web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Events and click on add,
- Add Title, Source, and Category details.
- You can also add a date range to display for the upcoming events (this week, next two weeks, this month, next quarter, or a date range)
- Choose from the Layout options Filmstrip or Compact.
- Toggle to either show or hide event images.
- When all required details are added, click on Republish.
2. Group Calendar - A Microsoft 365 Group Calendar (Outlook)
A Group Calendar is again a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site.
Note that a Group Calendar is associated with a Team site and so this web part only works with Team sites.
To add a Group Calender, follow the below steps,
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add a web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Group Calender and click on add,
- Select the Group Name from the Dropdown.
- Select the number for "Number of Events per Page" to be displayed.
- Once all required details are added, click on Republish.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to install pip on macOS using terminal command [Python] - Python
- FileZilla Connection time out Failed to retrieve directory listing - FTP
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows - Android-Studio
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass - Java
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone - iOS
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar - MacOS