If you try to login to Microsoft Teams application on desktop/mobile for the first time using your personal Hotmail/Outllok/Live email account and get the above message after you login then you must know Microsoft is not for personal use. You must be associated with a organization to get started, or sign-up your organization.
- Click on "Sign up for Teams"
- You will be directed to a webpage where you would see "Get your organization started today with the free version of Teams"
- Click on "Sign up for free", you will be asked to login again.
- You would see 3 options to choose from:
How do you want to use Teams? a. For school To connect students and faculty for courses and projects, in a classroom or online b. For friends and family For everyday life, to make audio or video calls c. For work and organizations To work with teammates wherever they are
- If you select option "For friends and family" you will be asked to use Skype.
Connect with friends and family Teams is available on mobile. You’ll need the most recent version of the mobile app. Visit your app store to update or download, then add a personal account. If you are looking for audio and video calling from your desktop, Skype is the best option.
- If you belong to a organization you can set up free teams account by checking "For work and organizations" option.
Difference between Free and Paid Microsoft teams account
Free Teams can have maximum 500k users per compared to unlimited if you have an enterprise license. Even the file storage difference is 2GB/user v/s 1TB/user. Phone calls and audio conferencing is not available in free account.
Check more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/differences-between-microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-teams-free-0b69cf39-eb52-49af-b255-60d46fdf8a9c
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Fix: bash: 127: command not found - Bash
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2022-06) - Eclipse
- How to convert an int to a string in Python - Python
- How to create volume in Docker using Command - Docker
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- How to read a .mat (MATLAB) file in Python - Python
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux - Linux
- Get Desc of Table using Java JDBC - Java