If you try to login to Microsoft Teams application on desktop/mobile for the first time using your personal Hotmail/Outllok/Live email account and get the above message after you login then you must know Microsoft is not for personal use. You must be associated with a organization to get started, or sign-up your organization.
- Click on "Sign up for Teams"
- You will be directed to a webpage where you would see "Get your organization started today with the free version of Teams"
- Click on "Sign up for free", you will be asked to login again.
- You would see 3 options to choose from:
How do you want to use Teams? a. For school To connect students and faculty for courses and projects, in a classroom or online b. For friends and family For everyday life, to make audio or video calls c. For work and organizations To work with teammates wherever they are
- If you select option "For friends and family" you will be asked to use Skype.
Connect with friends and family Teams is available on mobile. You’ll need the most recent version of the mobile app. Visit your app store to update or download, then add a personal account. If you are looking for audio and video calling from your desktop, Skype is the best option.
- If you belong to a organization you can set up free teams account by checking "For work and organizations" option.
Difference between Free and Paid Microsoft teams account
Free Teams can have maximum 500k users per compared to unlimited if you have an enterprise license. Even the file storage difference is 2GB/user v/s 1TB/user. Phone calls and audio conferencing is not available in free account.
Check more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/differences-between-microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-teams-free-0b69cf39-eb52-49af-b255-60d46fdf8a9c
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Microsoft Office Mac Ventura: System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run
- Save TextEdit file as Microsoft Word File .docx extension
- Fix - Microsoft Windows Error Code: 0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached
- How to Save a Notepad file as Microsoft Excel file
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Fix: Xbox Error Code: 0x80190190
- Fix Error Code: 80090030 in Microsoft Outlook/Teams
- Microsoft Edge Fix: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- Microsoft Excel Fuzzy Lookup Add-in
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- Keyboard shortcuts to format Source code in Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- [Fix] Microsoft Remote Desktop Error Code: 0x204
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- Fix: Microsoft OneDrive We are currently experiencing technical difficulties
- Fix Microsoft Windows Update Error 80072EFE
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- Find Covid-19 Vaccine centers on macOS or iOS Maps App - News
- How to reload zsh shell profile file? - zsh
- How to disable Microsoft teams from startup Windows 10 - Teams
- Run SharePoint Flow on weekday, weekend, specific day - PowerAutomate
- How to change background color in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to add One Day to a Date in Java - Java
- How to Split a String based on Delimiter in Bash Scripting - Bash
- How to Prevent Mac from sleeping - MacOS