winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + winget upgrade PowerShell + ~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (winget:String) , CommandNot FoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
The reason for this error is that you do not have winget package manager installed on your Windows device.
How to install Winget on Windows 8/10/11
- Go to WinGet GitHub repo: https://github.com/microsoft/winget-cli
- Click on the latest release and look for the Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller.msixbundle file and download it.
- Install the msixbundle
Have Questions? Post them here!
- [Fix] Powershell - Term winget is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function or script file
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Run JumpCloud Commands in Powershell
- How to check PowerShell version
- How to upgrade PowerShell on Mac
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to install powershell on macOS
- PowerShell ps1 script is not digitally signed, you cannot run this script on the current system
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview - Git
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API - SharePoint
- Java JDBC Transition Management using PreparedStatement Examples - Java
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged - MacOS
- Command to know the Available Memory on Linux System - Linux
- Okta Hacked - Source Code Stolen from GitHub Repo - News
- How to access SharePoint on Office 365 using a Web Browser - SharePoint
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account - Teams