Spotlight search is the most widely used utility on a Mac - be it MacBooks, Mac Mini's or iMac's. It is used to search and open files, applications or utilities.
You can press Command + Spacebar buttons to open it from wherever you are to open the search text-filed.
⚠️ If this does not work, please check your keyboard shortcut settings. You many have customized it.
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command