ProblemYou receive below error executing PowerShell command/script while connecting to SharePoint site.
The term 'Get-SPweb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:10 + ~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-SPWeb:String) , CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
⛏️ How to fix ?The Site Url seems to be correct, so there is no problem with the script.
⚡️ SharePoint Management Shell
You need to start PowerShell as "Run as administrator"
⚡️ Windows PowerShell ConsoleIf you directly run this PowerShell command from Windows PowerShell Console, the PowerShell module is not auto imported in console. Execute below command and then load the script.
$spWeb = Get-SPWeb "[SharePoint Site link]"
⚡️ Windows PowerShell ISEExecute below command and then load the script.
$spWeb = Get-SPWeb "[SharePoint Site link]"
⚡️ SharePoint Online Management ShellGet-SPWeb cmdlet is applicable only for SharePoint on-premise and will not work for SharePoint Online.
Refer PowerShell SharePoint Online commands or PnP PowerShell commands for working with SPO.
Get-SPOSite -Identity [SharePoint Online Site link]
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cylinder - C-Program
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Calculate Volume of Ellipsoid - C-Program
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint
- Get Browser Screen Width and Height dynamically using jquery - jQuery
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error - SharePoint
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android