SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are great platforms for collaborating with coworkers, partners and vendors.
If you work with external people (vendor/partner from other organizations), you can share files, folders or even extend entire site and share with them.
✖️ Error while sharing with external guests
Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
⛏️ Steps to fixPossibly, sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive content is restricted to limited domains.
Use below steps to allow sharing with this domain.
⚡️ Tenant level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Policies --> Sharing.
- Under External Sharing, expand More external sharing settings.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, ensure organization domain of he external user is added in limited domains.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, external sharing is not restricted to specific domains, so lets move to SharePoint site settings
- Allow/Block domains accordingly.
⚡️ SharePoint Site Collection level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Sites --> Active Sites.
- Search your site and click the site name to bring up the properties.
- Click Policies tab.
- Click Edit under External sharing.
- Ensure 'Only people in your organization' is not checked. This selection means sharing with external users is not allowed for this site.
- Under Advanced settings for external sharing
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, the site can be shared with anyone. Contact Microsoft for support, something else is wrong
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, click Add Domains --> Allow only specific domains --> add new domain and save
Once content has been shared with external organization guest user, an invitation email will go out and the external user will have to accept it by clicking the link and follow steps to login via Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail or any other personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or Organizational (existing Office 365 account) account.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell
- How to change SharePoint Online site collection or subsite URL address
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error - Android
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Mac OS X Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine - Mac-OS-X
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- How to stop disable Facebook video autoplay during scroll - Facebook
- NewApi error : Finds API accesses to APIs that are not supported in all targeted API versions - Android
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView - Android