SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are great platforms for collaborating with coworkers, partners and vendors.
If you work with external people (vendor/partner from other organizations), you can share files, folders or even extend entire site and share with them.
✖️ Error while sharing with external guests
Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
⛏️ Steps to fixPossibly, sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive content is restricted to limited domains.
Use below steps to allow sharing with this domain.
⚡️ Tenant level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Policies --> Sharing.
- Under External Sharing, expand More external sharing settings.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, ensure organization domain of he external user is added in limited domains.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, external sharing is not restricted to specific domains, so lets move to SharePoint site settings
- Allow/Block domains accordingly.
⚡️ SharePoint Site Collection level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Sites --> Active Sites.
- Search your site and click the site name to bring up the properties.
- Click Policies tab.
- Click Edit under External sharing.
- Ensure 'Only people in your organization' is not checked. This selection means sharing with external users is not allowed for this site.
- Under Advanced settings for external sharing
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, the site can be shared with anyone. Contact Microsoft for support, something else is wrong
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, click Add Domains --> Allow only specific domains --> add new domain and save
Once content has been shared with external organization guest user, an invitation email will go out and the external user will have to accept it by clicking the link and follow steps to login via Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail or any other personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or Organizational (existing Office 365 account) account.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error - WhatsApp
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling - Android
- Display Era details (AD BC) in Java Date - Java