SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are great platforms for collaborating with coworkers, partners and vendors.
If you work with external people (vendor/partner from other organizations), you can share files, folders or even extend entire site and share with them.
✖️ Error while sharing with external guests
Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
⛏️ Steps to fixPossibly, sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive content is restricted to limited domains.
Use below steps to allow sharing with this domain.
⚡️ Tenant level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Policies --> Sharing.
- Under External Sharing, expand More external sharing settings.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, ensure organization domain of he external user is added in limited domains.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, external sharing is not restricted to specific domains, so lets move to SharePoint site settings
- Allow/Block domains accordingly.
⚡️ SharePoint Site Collection level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Sites --> Active Sites.
- Search your site and click the site name to bring up the properties.
- Click Policies tab.
- Click Edit under External sharing.
- Ensure 'Only people in your organization' is not checked. This selection means sharing with external users is not allowed for this site.
- Under Advanced settings for external sharing
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, the site can be shared with anyone. Contact Microsoft for support, something else is wrong
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, click Add Domains --> Allow only specific domains --> add new domain and save
Once content has been shared with external organization guest user, an invitation email will go out and the external user will have to accept it by clicking the link and follow steps to login via Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail or any other personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or Organizational (existing Office 365 account) account.
- The error code OSE403 looks new, it wasn't there before.
anon 20 Dec 2020 12:34:51 GMT
- Followed the steps, but user gets message That didn't work.
anon 12 Dec 2020 21:09:32 GMT
- How can I open access for any domain and without login? kind of anonymous access?
anon 02 Dec 2020 11:45:21 GMT
- My partner still getting error even when access is granted, "User not found in the directory".
anon 21 Nov 2020 03:22:37 GMT
- My M365 admin says this is against policy and does not allow sharing with external domains. Any other tweak ?
anon 02 Sep 2020 11:18:21 GMT
- How can I allow all external domains by default ?
anon 17 Aug 2020 10:31:00 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Drag drop files here option missing for SharePoint document library
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts
- [Fix] Office 365 Sharepoint One Drive Error: Something went wrong. This is a temporary issue
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint Online REST API not returning all list items and limit to only 100 rows
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- How to kill service running on a port on Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- macOS Ventura 13: The default interactive shell is now zsh - zsh
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities - Android
- MySQL: Error Code: 1175 You are using safe update mode - MySQL
- [Updated] macOS 13 Ventura Supported Mac Devices List - MacOS
- Fix: Maven - Failed to execute goal - Compilation failure - Source/Target option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later - Java
- How to Hum a Song to Google to find it out! [Android and iPhone] - Google
- Program 5: Find Sum of Two Integer Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs