SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are great platforms for collaborating with coworkers, partners and vendors.
If you work with external people (vendor/partner from other organizations), you can share files, folders or even extend entire site and share with them.
Error while sharing with external guests
Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
Steps to fixPossibly, sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive content is restricted to limited domains.
Use below steps to allow sharing with this domain.
Tenant level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Policies --> Sharing.
- Under External Sharing, expand More external sharing settings.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, ensure organization domain of he external user is added in limited domains.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, external sharing is not restricted to specific domains, so lets move to SharePoint site settings
- Allow/Block domains accordingly.
SharePoint Site Collection level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Sites --> Active Sites.
- Search your site and click the site name to bring up the properties.
- Click Policies tab.
- Click Edit under External sharing.
- Ensure 'Only people in your organization' is not checked. This selection means sharing with external users is not allowed for this site.
- Under Advanced settings for external sharing
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, the site can be shared with anyone. Contact Microsoft for support, something else is wrong
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, click Add Domains --> Allow only specific domains --> add new domain and save
Once content has been shared with external organization guest user, an invitation email will go out and the external user will have to accept it by clicking the link and follow steps to login via Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail or any other personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or Organizational (existing Office 365 account) account.
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial - Android
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter - HowTos
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql - Java
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete - Android
- remove div vertical scroll - Html
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically - Android
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store - Android
- [Mac] To open Eclipse you need to install the legacy java se 6 runtime - Mac-OS-X
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Maven Eclipse (M2e) No archetypes currently available - Java
- Tutorial: CSS Media Query for Responsive Web Design - CSS
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps - HowTos
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front - Android