SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are great platforms for collaborating with coworkers, partners and vendors.
If you work with external people (vendor/partner from other organizations), you can share files, folders or even extend entire site and share with them.
✖️ Error while sharing with external guests
Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
⛏️ Steps to fixPossibly, sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive content is restricted to limited domains.
Use below steps to allow sharing with this domain.
⚡️ Tenant level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Policies --> Sharing.
- Under External Sharing, expand More external sharing settings.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, ensure organization domain of he external user is added in limited domains.
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, external sharing is not restricted to specific domains, so lets move to SharePoint site settings
- Allow/Block domains accordingly.
⚡️ SharePoint Site Collection level settings
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center --> Sites --> Active Sites.
- Search your site and click the site name to bring up the properties.
- Click Policies tab.
- Click Edit under External sharing.
- Ensure 'Only people in your organization' is not checked. This selection means sharing with external users is not allowed for this site.
- Under Advanced settings for external sharing
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is unchecked, the site can be shared with anyone. Contact Microsoft for support, something else is wrong
- If 'Limit external sharing by domain' is checked, click Add Domains --> Allow only specific domains --> add new domain and save
Once content has been shared with external organization guest user, an invitation email will go out and the external user will have to accept it by clicking the link and follow steps to login via Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail or any other personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or Organizational (existing Office 365 account) account.
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to verify if java is installed on the computer and get version detail - Java
- List of Java Keywords - Java
- How to disable button in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail - Google
- Java TLSv1.3 protocol code example using SSLSocket - Java
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf - HowTos
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint
- How to Detect Phone Shakes Android Programming - Android
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution? - MacOS
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL - SharePoint
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- vi undo redo command [Examples] - Mac-OS-X
- Notepad++ select all above or below lines - NotepadPlusPlus
- Tesla hit by a complete network and mobile app outage - 23 Sept 2020 11am ET (US and Europe) - News
- List of 32 CSS cursors web developers must know about - CSS