The most frequently used use-case of Notepad++ text editor is to quickly do some Find-And-Repalce on a text so that it can be used by a developer the way they want it and save a lot of time. One such use case is to replace a delimiter (comma, semicolon, space, tab, pipe, tilde) with a new line.
Steps to replace delimiter with new line
- One the file or be on the tab you want to replace the delimiter,
- Press Control + H to open relace window.
- Select Seach Mode: Extension (\n, \r, \t, \0, \x...)
- Now in Find What: Add your delimiter (can be a ; , : ~ or a single space or tab)
- In Find Replace: Add \n
- Click on Replace All.
- You would see that wherever there was your delimiter, has been replaced by a new line.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 device.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode] - Python
- Convert JSON to Java Collection Map using Jackson - Java
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT - Html
- Fix: AirPods not visible under Mac Bluetooth devices - MacOS
- How to clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Mac (macOS) - Teams
- AWS CLI Command to Get a List of SNS Topics - AWS
- Efficient way to perform HTTP cURL GET/POST Requests with Payload - cURL
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio