PS C:\Users\c2c> git --version git: The term 'git' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + git --version + ~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (git:String) , CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
If you trying to run Git on PowerShell and you get the above error then make sure you re-run your Git-Bash Installation Setup to add the option to "Let git run from the command line or 3rd party tools", or simply add the Git path to the Path Environment Variable.
- In Search type "Edit Environment variable for your account",
- Click on "Environment Variables..." button,
- Under System Variables -> Path add: C:\Program Files\Git\cmd
- Click Ok and restart PowerShell.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure]
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps - HowTos
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- Cmd command get current directory location - Windows
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Java
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android