You receive below error when trying to connect and sign-in to Power BI Dashboard app.powerbi.com
The error message details are below
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2020-10-06 12:05:21Z
Go to support page
The link you will be redirected to is something like - https://app.powerbi.com/ErrorPage?code=500&errorType=AppMetadataInaccessible
Troubleshoot and fixThere is no definite fix for this and it could be mostly intermittent, retrying may help. But you can still check these points.
- Check from a different browser.
- Logout and login again.
- Check and confirm you can access other Microsoft 365 services like Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Check your account has necessary Office 365 license for PowerBI.
- White list the Power BI link/domain.
- Disable the flag for out of blink CORS.
- If zScaler proxy/firewall is used, disable SSL inspection for powerbi.com domain.
- Check the behavior for your colleague and try from their machine.
- Take help from your Tenant admin for help.
- If nothing helps, open a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure]
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome] - Chrome
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Turn on off volume change button sounds Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove old 404 pages ulrs from Google crawler - Html