You receive below error when trying to connect and sign-in to Power BI Dashboard app.powerbi.com
The error message details are below
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2020-10-06 12:05:21Z
Go to support page
The link you will be redirected to is something like - https://app.powerbi.com/ErrorPage?code=500&errorType=AppMetadataInaccessible
Troubleshoot and fixThere is no definite fix for this and it could be mostly intermittent, retrying may help. But you can still check these points.
- Check from a different browser.
- Logout and login again.
- Check and confirm you can access other Microsoft 365 services like Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Check your account has necessary Office 365 license for PowerBI.
- White list the Power BI link/domain.
- Disable the flag for out of blink CORS.
- If zScaler proxy/firewall is used, disable SSL inspection for powerbi.com domain.
- Check the behavior for your colleague and try from their machine.
- Take help from your Tenant admin for help.
- If nothing helps, open a support ticket with Microsoft.
More Posts related to Microsoft,
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- [Fix] Microsoft AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.
- Remove Possible Data Loss Message from Microsoft Excel
- [Fix] Cannot connect to Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- [Fix] Connect to Minecraft Remote Connect URL via https //aka.ms/remoteconnect
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365]
- Fix Power Automate FLOW error - InvalidTemplate Unable to process template language expressions in action
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to turn off Dark theme in Excel for Mac
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- Fix - Microsoft Windows Error Code: 0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached
- Save a Notepad file as Microsoft Excel file
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- Microsoft Office Mac Ventura: System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run
- Fix Error CAA50021 - Number of retry attempts exceeds expectation - Microsoft 365 Apps
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App - SharePoint
- [Fix] Ubuntu E: Unable to locate package sudo error - Ubuntu
- W3 : character data is not allowed here html validation error - Html
- Add Calendar to SharePoint Site (Office 365) - SharePoint
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area - Git
- How to Copy Entire Directory to another Directory in Linux - Linux
- zsh: exec format error eclipse M1 Mac - zsh
How to fix this 500 internal server error ? Various blogs suggest clearing cache and updating Power BI tool. Have updated Power BI Desktop to latest version, but no luck.
Chrome v76 and later seem to have introduced changes to how it handles CORS, introducing additional headers for security.
A temporary solution would be to disable the flag for out of blink CORS at chrome://flags/#out-of-blink-cors and relaunch Chrome. The Power BI team should be looking at this nonetheless.