You receive below error when trying to connect and sign-in to Power BI Dashboard app.powerbi.com
The error message details are below
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2020-10-06 12:05:21Z
Go to support page
The link you will be redirected to is something like - https://app.powerbi.com/ErrorPage?code=500&errorType=AppMetadataInaccessible
Troubleshoot and fixThere is no definite fix for this and it could be mostly intermittent, retrying may help. But you can still check these points.
- Check from a different browser.
- Logout and login again.
- Check and confirm you can access other Microsoft 365 services like Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Check your account has necessary Office 365 license for PowerBI.
- White list the Power BI link/domain.
- Disable the flag for out of blink CORS.
- If zScaler proxy/firewall is used, disable SSL inspection for powerbi.com domain.
- Check the behavior for your colleague and try from their machine.
- Take help from your Tenant admin for help.
- If nothing helps, open a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Error code 0xCAA82EE2: Something went wrong (request timed out) [Microsoft]
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- What version of windows do I have?
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Free and easy audio video screen recording using Microsoft PowerPoint
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue.
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur] - MacOS
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020 - Microsoft
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Android Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error - Android
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X - NotepadPlusPlus
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application - SharePoint
- Change Height of Android ActionBar - Android