You recorded a Microsoft Teams meeting and shared the link with other users from your organization, but they receive below message and cannot access the recording.
This message will also show up if you linked the video in your SharePoint Online site and shared the site with an external user.
The message says "It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video". This clearly indicates that its a permission issue.
⚡️ Important points to note about Microsoft stream videos -
- All your Teams meeting recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream (provided your Global Office 365 Tenant Admin enabled this setting).
- Microsoft Stream videos cannot be shared with external users yet. Microsoft plans to get this feature by end of 2020.
- The person who recorded the meeting is the video owner and can update access permissions.
- Company wide channel/video are always accessible by everyone within your organization.
⛏️ Troubleshoot and fix the problemYou must be Microsoft Stream Admin or Owner of the video
- Navigate to Microsoft Stream (https://web.microsoftstream.com) and locate your video, or directly open video from Microsoft Teams.
- Click "More actions" (the 3 dots ...) and then click "Update video details".
- In the Permissions section
- Grant permissions to everyone within your organization - Check 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video'.
- Grant individual permissions - In the 'Share with' dropdown, select People/Channel/My Groups and enter the name in the search box.
- Click Apply in the top section of page to save your changes.
So don't be confused between MS Teams and MS Stream. Though you recorded the meeting via MS Teams, the video is always stored in MS Stream and access needs to be granted via MS Stream as it has its own set of permissions.
MS Stream videos will never work for external users accessing your SharePoint site, because MS Stream does not support external access. Wait until Microsoft bring in this much awaited feature.
- Error code 0xCAA82EE2: Something went wrong (request timed out) [Microsoft]
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- What version of windows do I have?
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Free and easy audio video screen recording using Microsoft PowerPoint
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue.
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Sublime Text 3 Convert Case to Upper, Lower, Title or Swap - Sublime-Text
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum - Java
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty - SharePoint
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams