You recorded a Microsoft Teams meeting and shared the link with other users from your organization, but they receive below message and cannot access the recording.
This message will also show up if you linked the video in your SharePoint Online site and shared the site with an external user.
The message says "It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video". This clearly indicates that its a permission issue.
⚡️ Important points to note about Microsoft stream videos -
- All your Teams meeting recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream (provided your Global Office 365 Tenant Admin enabled this setting).
- Microsoft Stream videos cannot be shared with external users yet. Microsoft plans to get this feature by end of 2020.
- The person who recorded the meeting is the video owner and can update access permissions.
- Company wide channel/video are always accessible by everyone within your organization.
⛏️ Troubleshoot and fix the problemYou must be Microsoft Stream Admin or Owner of the video
- Navigate to Microsoft Stream (https://web.microsoftstream.com) and locate your video, or directly open video from Microsoft Teams.
- Click "More actions" (the 3 dots ...) and then click "Update video details".
- In the Permissions section
- Grant permissions to everyone within your organization - Check 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video'.
- Grant individual permissions - In the 'Share with' dropdown, select People/Channel/My Groups and enter the name in the search box.
- Click Apply in the top section of page to save your changes.
So don't be confused between MS Teams and MS Stream. Though you recorded the meeting via MS Teams, the video is always stored in MS Stream and access needs to be granted via MS Stream as it has its own set of permissions.
MS Stream videos will never work for external users accessing your SharePoint site, because MS Stream does not support external access. Wait until Microsoft bring in this much awaited feature.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure]
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH - Chrome
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct - SharePoint
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css - CSS
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable - Mac-OS-X