You recorded a Microsoft Teams meeting and shared the link with other users from your organization, but they receive below message and cannot access the recording.
This message will also show up if you linked the video in your SharePoint Online site and shared the site with an external user.
The message says "It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video". This clearly indicates that its a permission issue.
⚡️ Important points to note about Microsoft stream videos -
- All your Teams meeting recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream (provided your Global Office 365 Tenant Admin enabled this setting).
- Microsoft Stream videos cannot be shared with external users yet. Microsoft plans to get this feature by end of 2020.
- The person who recorded the meeting is the video owner and can update access permissions.
- Company wide channel/video are always accessible by everyone within your organization.
⛏️ Troubleshoot and fix the problemYou must be Microsoft Stream Admin or Owner of the video
- Navigate to Microsoft Stream (https://web.microsoftstream.com) and locate your video, or directly open video from Microsoft Teams.
- Click "More actions" (the 3 dots ...) and then click "Update video details".
- In the Permissions section
- Grant permissions to everyone within your organization - Check 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video'.
- Grant individual permissions - In the 'Share with' dropdown, select People/Channel/My Groups and enter the name in the search box.
- Click Apply in the top section of page to save your changes.
So don't be confused between MS Teams and MS Stream. Though you recorded the meeting via MS Teams, the video is always stored in MS Stream and access needs to be granted via MS Stream as it has its own set of permissions.
MS Stream videos will never work for external users accessing your SharePoint site, because MS Stream does not support external access. Wait until Microsoft bring in this much awaited feature.
- How can I have my Teams meeting recordings get saved to OneDrive ? That makes much sense, I can share it with others very easily.
17 Dec 2020 12:12:53 GMT
- Simply select "Allow everyone in your company to view this video", that should work.
14 Dec 2020 17:23:18 GMT
- This helped, but tedious :( I had to download recording, save and share the video using WeTransfer with the client.
23 Nov 2020 00:10:34 GMT
- WHy cant the external vendors access the Teams meeting recording? They were very much part of the Teams meeting.
01 Nov 2020 22:45:13 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- [Fix] Microsoft AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.
- Remove Possible Data Loss Message from Microsoft Excel
- [Fix] Cannot connect to Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- [Fix] Connect to Minecraft Remote Connect URL via https //aka.ms/remoteconnect
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365]
- Fix Power Automate FLOW error - InvalidTemplate Unable to process template language expressions in action
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to turn off Dark theme in Excel for Mac
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- Fix - Microsoft Windows Error Code: 0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached
- Save a Notepad file as Microsoft Excel file
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- Microsoft Office Mac Ventura: System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run
- Fix Error CAA50021 - Number of retry attempts exceeds expectation - Microsoft 365 Apps
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java] - Eclipse
- Display List of Databases in mysql Command Line - MySQL
- Set Falling Show on Website for Christmas using Pure CSS Code - CSS
- Change Font Size in Visual Studio Code - HowTos
- How to clear ZSH history of commands executed on Mac Terminal - zsh
- Find Duplicate Files using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- [fix] iCloud - Verification Failed: An unknown error occurred Apple ID - iOS
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser - WhatsApp