You recorded a Microsoft Teams meeting and shared the link with other users from your organization, but they receive below message and cannot access the recording.
This message will also show up if you linked the video in your SharePoint Online site and shared the site with an external user.
The message says "It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video". This clearly indicates that its a permission issue.
⚡️ Important points to note about Microsoft stream videos -
- All your Teams meeting recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream (provided your Global Office 365 Tenant Admin enabled this setting).
- Microsoft Stream videos cannot be shared with external users yet. Microsoft plans to get this feature by end of 2020.
- The person who recorded the meeting is the video owner and can update access permissions.
- Company wide channel/video are always accessible by everyone within your organization.
⛏️ Troubleshoot and fix the problemYou must be Microsoft Stream Admin or Owner of the video
- Navigate to Microsoft Stream (https://web.microsoftstream.com) and locate your video, or directly open video from Microsoft Teams.
- Click "More actions" (the 3 dots ...) and then click "Update video details".
- In the Permissions section
- Grant permissions to everyone within your organization - Check 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video'.
- Grant individual permissions - In the 'Share with' dropdown, select People/Channel/My Groups and enter the name in the search box.
- Click Apply in the top section of page to save your changes.
So don't be confused between MS Teams and MS Stream. Though you recorded the meeting via MS Teams, the video is always stored in MS Stream and access needs to be granted via MS Stream as it has its own set of permissions.
MS Stream videos will never work for external users accessing your SharePoint site, because MS Stream does not support external access. Wait until Microsoft bring in this much awaited feature.
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Fix - 412 Cookies Are Disabled error in Exchange Admin Center when you click hybrid
- Free and easy audio video screen recording using Microsoft PowerPoint
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- [Fix] Connect to Minecraft Remote Connect URL via https //aka.ms/remoteconnect
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Fix: Microsoft OneDrive We are currently experiencing technical difficulties
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- [Fix] Microsoft Remote Desktop Error Code: 0x204
- [Fix] Microsoft 53003 Error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Keyboard shortcuts to format Source code in Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar - MacOS
- Google Search Console: HTTPS is invalid and might prevent it from being indexed - Google
- Android App Showing Two Toolbars Issue fix - Android
- How to upgrade Docker Desktop on Mac - MacOS
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation - Android-Studio
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Command to know the Available Memory on Linux System - Linux
- Create a Database Table using JDBC PreparedStatement - Java