Recently when I tried to run ls command in Mac Terminal Zsh shell on macOS Big Sur, I got the below error,
code2care@mac % ls ls: .: Operation not permitted
This was really weird, I was able to fix this issue by following the below steps,
- Click on the Apple logo on Menu Bar,
- Select System Preferences...
- Click on Security & Privacy,
- Select Files & Folders,
- Under - Allow the Apps below to access files & folders, look for terminal and check - Desktop Folder, you will get the below alert,
Terminal” will not have access to files on your desktop until it is quit.
You can choose to quit “Terminal” now, or do it on your own later.
- Click on Quit & Reopen
- You will not be able to access ls and other commands in desktop.
✏️ You can get such a error while trying to access Network volumes, Download or Documents folder if the option in Files and Folders is unchecked for Terminal.
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- BeanDefinitionStoreException IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [spring.xml] - Java
- Base64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Disable Chrome Notification bell from Mac OS X menu bar - Mac-OS-X
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail - Google
- List of jars required for Struts2 project - Java
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime﹕FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android
- Fail to connect to camera service Android java RuntimeException - Android
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library. - Eclipse
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically - Android