Recently when I tried to run ls command in Mac Terminal Zsh shell on macOS Big Sur, I got the below error,
code2care@mac % ls ls: .: Operation not permitted
This was really weird, I was able to fix this issue by following the below steps,
- Click on the Apple logo on Menu Bar,
- Select System Preferences...
- Click on Security & Privacy,
- Select Files & Folders,
- Under - Allow the Apps below to access files & folders, look for terminal and check - Desktop Folder, you will get the below alert,
Terminal” will not have access to files on your desktop until it is quit.
You can choose to quit “Terminal” now, or do it on your own later.
- Click on Quit & Reopen
- You will not be able to access ls and other commands in desktop.
✏️ You can get such a error while trying to access Network volumes, Download or Documents folder if the option in Files and Folders is unchecked for Terminal.
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size - MacOS
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts] - Microsoft
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- How to add border to Android Button - Android