There are multiple ways to start a bash shell session in Windows 10, one of them is just open Command Prompt and type bash.
- Go to Run (Press Windows + R key),
- Type cmd to open command prompt
- Now type bash,
- This will take you to the bourne-again shell (bash) prompt. May take a while if you are doing it for the first time.
C:\Users>bash Welcome to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-18362-Microsoft x86_64) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com * Management: https://landscape.canonical.com * Support: https://ubuntu.com/advantage System information as of Sun Oct 18 16:55:11 IST 2020 System load: 0.52 Processes: 7 Usage of /home: unknown Users logged in: 0 Memory usage: 53% IPv4 address for wifi0: 192.168.0.108 Swap usage: 0% 153 updates can be installed immediately. 56 of these updates are security updates. To see these additional updates run: apt list --upgradable This message is shown once once a day. To disable it please create the /root/.hushlogin file. $
What would you enter at the command prompt to start a new bourne-again shell (bash) session? Answer: bash
More Posts related to Bash,
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- Bash For Loop Example
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- bash: netstat: command not found
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file - Android-Studio
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements - Java
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- Unhandled exception type InterruptedException : Java Threads - Java
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS - MacOS
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos