IntelliJ IDEA IDE is very popular these days among Java, J2EE, and Python programmers and yes it is the default IDE or Android Programming (Andriod Studio).
At times when you run an application the logs are very overwhelming so it becomes difficult to search or debug an error stack trace or specific log you are interested in.
If you want to save the console (or logCat) logs to an external file you can follow the below steps,
- Goto Run Configuration, or Debug Configuration,
- Now Click on the Logs tab,
- Now Click checkbox "Save console output to file"
- Select Folder and File name where you want to output the logs.
- Click Apply
- Click OK to close
Now when you run your App, your logs should get saved to the external text/log file.
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio
- Android Studio Button onClickListener Example
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- [Solution] Android Studio does not displays Toolbar in Layout Design
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- [Android Studio] Button on click example
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to update Android Studio
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio
- How to save IntelliJ IDE Console logs to external log file
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- [Solved] Error launching studio