If you often try to submit a new page or an article using the Google Search Console - URL Inspection option, you might have seen lately that Google has added a new section that gives details in Enhancements & Experience about the link you submitted is a valid HTTPS or not.
In the past few days, it has been observed that though the page submitted is a Valid HTTPS yet you see a message,
HTTPS is invalid and might prevent it from being indexed Serving a page over HTTPS helps protect your users' security and privacy.Learn more
The confusion about this cleared on Twitter
Yes. This can show up for unindexed or freshly indexed pages. We'll work on improving the UI to make it less scary. It's not blocking indexing here, HTTPS is just not properly evaluated there yet.— 🌽〈link href=//johnmu.com rel=canonical 〉🌽 (@JohnMu) September 19, 2022
Discussion on Google Search Console Support
Could the New HTTPS Error Report in GSC be Causing Indexing Issues? https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/179457706?hl=en
As John Mueller pointed out this message is shown for the fresh unindexed pages and Google will work on improving the UI to make this HTTPS message look less scary!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- Fix: Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx)
- Find Nearest Gas Station using Google Map App on your Phone
- How to do a Reverse Image Search Using Google Tools
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- [Fix] reCAPTCHA not working in Web Browser
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- How to get nest aware on iPhone
- Google Search Console: HTTPS is invalid and might prevent it from being indexed
- How to Hum a Song to Google to find it out! [Android and iPhone]
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- Google Local Guide Program and Perks of Contributing to Google Maps
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Google Celebrates Rosa Bonheur 200th birthday with a Google Doodle
- How to subscribe nest aware?
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library. - Eclipse
- Error 404 Tomcat homepage http://localhost:8080/ not displayed - Tomcat
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter - HowTos
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site - SharePoint
- [Solution] Spring Tool Suite (STS) support for JSP (JAVA EE) - Eclipse
- How to create SharePoint Online List Item using REST API - SharePoint