Many times developers end up installing multiple versions of Java JDK/JRE versions on their macOS, as Java comes in different implementations - Oracle, Amazon Corretto OpenJDK, Zulu, etc are installed at different locations.
In order to know that versions of Java have been installed on a Mac computer running macOS is to run the command: /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Steps to check installed Java versions:
- Open Terminal
- Go to /usr/libexec, by doing cd /usr/libexec
- Type: ./java_home -V
code2care@mac libexec % ./java_home -V Matching Java Virtual Machines (3): 22.214.171.124 (arm64) "Azul Systems, Inc." - "Zulu 11.43.1021" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-11.jdk/Contents/Home 1.8.291.10 (x86_64) "Oracle Corporation" - "Java" /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home 1.8.0_292 (arm64) "Azul Systems, Inc." - "Zulu 126.96.36.199" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-8.jdk/Contents/Home /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-11.jdk/Contents/Home
As you can see I have three versions of Java installed, 11 and 1.8 arm64 bit version Zulu Java for Native M1 Mac computer, and Oracle Java 1.8.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Convert Java Map Collection Object to JSON String using Jackson
- Java Stream flatmap() Examples
- [Fix] Instant java.time.temporal.UnsupportedTemporalTypeException: Unsupported unit: Years
- How to run Java Unit Test cases with Apache Maven?
- How to check if Java main thread is alive
- [Fix] java: incompatible types: incompatible parameter types in lambda expression error
- Parsing CSV file using Java code example (Comma Separated File)
- Unhandled exception type InterruptedException : Java Threads
- Native getClass() method from java.lang.Object Class Explained with examples.
- Java Jackson ObjectMapper Class with Examples
- Java 8 Streams map() with examples
- Java 8 - Convert List to Map Examples
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- Java Stream with Multiple Filters Example
- How to Clear StringJoiner in Java 8
- Spring 5 IoC Example with application Context XML (ClassPathXmlApplicationContext) and Gradle.
- How to get end of line (EOL) or new line character \r \n in Java
- Spring Boot CRUD Examples using JDBCTemplate
- Delete a File in Java with Examples
- Implementing Insertion Sort Algorithm in Java Program
- Java JDBC Batch Update Example with PreparedStatement
- Java JDBC Select Multiple Records from table as List using PreparedStatement
- [Hibernate] The method buildSessionFactory() from the type Configuration is deprecated
- How to fix Java HTTP java.net.UnknownHostException
- Java 8 Display time in 12 hour AM PM format
- How to adjust MacBook Desktop icons size - MacOS
- How to rename a Pandas DataFrame Column Names - Python
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history - MacOS
- How to format LocalDate in Java using DateTimeFormatter - Java
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library. - Eclipse
- Json Serialization and Deserialization using Java Jackson - Java
- Running Android Lint has encountered a problem NullPointerException Error - Android