If you want to format or prettify an XML file using a text editor than Notepad++ is a good tool for doing it,
- You need to have XML Tools Plugin installed if you do not have it follow the below steps, or skip to point number 2.
- Go to Menu: Plugins → Plugin Admin..
- Search: XML Tools
- Check the box and click on Intsall button
- Your Notepad++ would get re-started.
- Open your XML file
- Go to: Plugins → XML Tools
- Select pretty print
- You should now have your XML file formatted with proper indentation.
After Pretty print:
<xml><details><name>John L</name><age>24</age> <location>Sweden</location></details></xml>
<xml> <details> <name>John L</name> <age>24</age> <location>Sweden</location> </details> </xml>
Note: ⚡️ You can also use Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + B
This is really useful are you can securely prettify your XML fine offline on your local system without using any online website or tool.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip. - PIP