To create a user account in bash for Windows, follow the below steps:
- Open Bash application on your Windows: Go to Run, type bash
- Type the following command: # sudo adduser userName
you would see the below output on the console,Example:
Adding user `c2c20' ... Adding new group `c2c20' (1002) ... Adding new user `c2c20' (1002) with group `c2c20' ... Creating home directory `/home/c2c20' ... Copying files from `/etc/skel' ... New password:
- Set a New password
- You will be asked to RE-Enter the Password.
- You will be prompted to add,
- Full Name 
- Room Number 
- Work Phone 
- Home Phone 
- You will be prompted to validate the details: Is the information correct? [Y/n]
- You will be taken back to the # prompt.
How to login to new user created?
# su userName
More Posts related to Bash,
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- Bash For Loop Example
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- bash: netstat: command not found
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to stop/start/restart apache server using command [Ubuntu] - Ubuntu
- Fix java.net.ProtocolException: Invalid HTTP method - Java
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Install specific JRE on Ubuntu using apt - Ubuntu
- Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end users experience - Java
- list of jars required for hibernate 4.x.x - Java
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted. - Android
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android