To create a user account in bash for Windows, follow the below steps:
- Open Bash application on your Windows: Go to Run, type bash
- Type the following command: # sudo adduser userName
you would see the below output on the console,Example:
Adding user `c2c20' ... Adding new group `c2c20' (1002) ... Adding new user `c2c20' (1002) with group `c2c20' ... Creating home directory `/home/c2c20' ... Copying files from `/etc/skel' ... New password:
- Set a New password
- You will be asked to RE-Enter the Password.
- You will be prompted to add,
- Full Name 
- Room Number 
- Work Phone 
- Home Phone 
- You will be prompted to validate the details: Is the information correct? [Y/n]
- You will be taken back to the # prompt.
How to login to new user created?
# su userName
More Posts related to Bash,
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?