If you have already installed Android Studio on your Mac device which has an Apple Silicon ARM M1/M2 Chip, and you are wondering did you install the correct setup (not Intel-based setup), follow the below steps
- Open Android Studio Applciation.
- Now go to Menu: Android Studio -> About Android Studio.
- If the installation version was done for M1/M2 based ARM Chip you will see Runtime version as aarch64.
Android Studio Flamingo | 2022.2.1 Build #AI-222.4459.24.2221.9862592, built on March 31, 2023 Runtime version: 17.0.6+0-17.0.6b802.4-9586694 aarch64 VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o. macOS 13.2.1 GC: G1 Young Generation, G1 Old Generation Memory: 2048M Cores: 8 Metal Rendering is ON Registry: external.system.auto.import.disabled=true ide.text.editor.with.preview.show.floating.toolbar=false gradle.version.catalogs.dynamic.support=true
You can also know if the setup you did was for M1/M2 Mac by opening to Activity Monitor app and looking at the Kind filed next to Android Studio (make sure Android Studio App is running before checking).
If you see kind as Apple you are good, if you see Intel and you have M1/M2 Mac, well you need to download the correct setup to run Android Studio natively and efficiently.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Show Android Studio Emulator in a Separate Window
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Check Android Studio App is M1/M2 Chip based post installation
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- [Fixed] Git Clone email@example.com: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error - Git
- How to check if Key Exists in Python Dictionary? - Python
- Open Large File in Notepad++ (Fix: File is too big to be opened by Notepad++) - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint update append Required Field to display name of mandatory columns - SharePoint
- [Fix] Java - Exception in thread main java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException - Java
- How to install wget on macOS - MacOS
- Fix: hibernate.InstantiationException: No default constructor for entity: User - Java
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved - Android-Studio