% aws s3 mb s3://c2c-bucket-A2 make_bucket failed: s3://c2c-bucket-A2 An error occurred (InvalidBucketName) when calling the CreateBucket operation: The specified bucket is not valid.
If you receive a make_bucket failed error when you try to create an AWS S3 bucket using the CLI command, then the reason is as specified - InvalidBucketName, to understand it better you will need to understand the rules of creating an S3 bucket name,
Rules for Creating S3 Bucket Names:
- Should be unique across AWS regions. So it could be it's already taken.
- Cannot have uppercase letters.
- Should be between 3 and 63 characters.
- Names can only start with lowercase letters and numbers.
- Only dot (.) and dash/hyphen (-) are allowed as special characters.
- Cannot contain two adjacent dots.
- Cannot be like IP addresses eg 192.168.0.1
- Cannot start with xn-- prefix
- Cannot end with -s3alias as suffix.
- Cannot have dots if used with AWS S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- You cannot change the bucket name once it is created.
So as you can see, in this case, the bucket creation failed because I used an Uppercase letter in the bucket name.Reference: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/bucketnamingrules.html
- Installing vue.js in Laravel 8 - PHP
- Add X days from today in Command Line - HowTos
- How to delete a file using Python code example - Python
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS - MacOS
- How to resolve Failed to create interpreter PyCharm Error - Python
- List of Useful Mac Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts - MacOS
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS - Java
- Mac Studio Display Buzzing sound from the Monitor - Mac-OS-X