While working on an Android Application, when I ran my App on Emulator, I saw that there were two ToolBars displayed instead of one! I could figure out the reason and here is what the issue was
By default when you create an Android Application using a template - it adds a Toolbar as default, If you change your application layout and add your own Toolbar - it will display two of them, I was able to remove the default one by doing the below steps,
- Go to res -> values -> themes
- Open themes.xml file,
- Add the below two lines under style tag,
<item name="windowActionBar">false</item> <item name="windowNoTitle">true</item>
- Now run the App you should see only one Toolbar
Note: Do the same changes for the dark them styles.xml file as well.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result - Google
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation - Android-Studio
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install - Eclipse
- Top 3 Awesome Text Editors developers prefer at workplace - Sublime
- Calculate Area of a Rectangle - C-Program
- What is Bootstrap Jumbotron and how to use it - Bootstrap
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365 - HowTos
- How to remove old 404 pages ulrs from Google crawler - Html
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass - Java
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product - SharePoint
- 7 deadly java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in Java Programming - Java
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error - Android
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent - WhatsApp
- Portable Notepad++ for windows - NotepadPlusPlus