In Python, in order to print out text in the console, you can use the print() function. But by default, the print() will add a new line character (based on the OS \n, \r, or \r\n) at the end of the text that it printed out.
If you do not want to print text with a new line character at the end, you can use the end parameter of the print() function.Example:
Output on the same line as expected:
print("I want to ",end='') print("continue printing ",end='') print("on the same line ",end='') print("using Python print() ",end='')
I want to continue printing on the same line using Python print()
More on the "end parameter"
The end parameter is used to specify the character or characters that should be printed at the end of the printed text using the print() function.
By default end parameter is set to a newline character i.e. \n
So when you use the default print() function in python, it always adds a newline character at the end of the text.
If you wish to change it to any other character, you can simply use the parameter end= followed by a character.
Let's have some fun!
In the below example, we have replaced the end parameter with an emoji and a new line.
print("Hello ",end='😀\n') print("How are you? ",end='😀\n')
How are you? 😀
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Check version of pip package installer for Python
- How to install Python 3.9 using brew on Mac
- Python Program To Calculate Simple Interest (SimpleInterest.py)
- Indent Python code in Notepad++
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Float built-in function in Python
- [Fix] ValueError: substring not found in Python
- pip get list of all outdated Python packages
- Calculate discount amount python code
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- How to List all Packages installed using pip [Python]
- Python range() function examples
- How to resolve Failed to create interpreter PyCharm Error
- Format Python Code in Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- Validate email address in Python using regular expression (regex)
- Install and Run Jupyter Notebook on Mac (macOS)
- How to delete a file using Python code example
- Base64 Encoding Decoding in Python Programming
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text
- Comments in Python Programming
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming
- How to Convert Python String to DateTime Object
- Tkinter - add x and y padding to label text
- [Tutorial] Install Python on Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- How to clear Cache, Cookies and History on iPhone Safari - iOS
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs - Linux
- Hyperlink in html (anchor tag) without a underline - Html
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop - MacOS
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe - Android
- Multiple Microsoft 365 Services Down (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive) - 25 January 2023 (Solved) - Microsoft
- How to find the path of formula Installation by Brew - HowTos