If you want to throw an exception manually in your Python code you can make use of the raise statement.
raise Exception("Throwing exception manually!")
Note: It is not recommended to throw generic Exception but its specific types such as ValueError.
def divide_numbers(num1, num2): if num2 == 0: raise ValueError("Divisor cannot be zero!") return num1 / num2 try: num1 = float(input("Enter the numerator: ")) num2 = float(input("Enter the denominator: ")) result = divide_numbers(num1, num2) print("Result:", result) except ValueError as e: print("Error:", str(e))
Enter the numerator: 10 Enter the denominator: 0 Error: Divisor cannot be zero!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Python,
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal - MacOS
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center - Microsoft
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted - Android
- Fix - java.lang.ClassCastException - Java
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code - Android
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python - Python
- Java - PatternSyntaxException - Java
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file - SharePoint