If you are using pip or pip3 package installer for Python, then you must have seen that when you do not upgrade your package utility, a warning is displayed after each time you try to install a new package or update one.
WARNING: You are using pip version 19 however version 21 is available
In order to update pip or pip3 package installer you can run the below command.
To upgrade pip package:
pip install --upgrade pip --user
To upgrade pip3 package:
pip3 install --upgrade pip --user
% pip3 install --upgrade pip --user Collecting pip Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/47/ca/d/pip-21.1.3-py3-none-any.whl Installing collected packages: pip Successfully installed pip-21.1.3
Note: if you do not provide the --user parameter you might get Error 13 while updating pip
If you have the pip3 package installed and you try to use the pip command you will get the error: zsh: command not found: pip
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to PIP,
- Fix Python WARNING: You are using pip version 19 however version 21 is available
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip.
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
- How to upgrade pip/pip3 package installer for Python
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Shortcuts: How to Toggle Word Wrap in Visual Studio Code (VS Code) - Shortcuts
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts - SharePoint
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode - Python
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Get count of SharePoint List or Document Library Items using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS - MacOS