You can pause a Python Program for X seconds using the sleep() function from he time module.Example 1:
import time print("Gonna pause for 5 seconds...") time.sleep(5) print("Program completed.")
Let's see the execution of this program in action using a gif demo.
As you can see the program waited/paused for the execution of the next line to time.sleep(5) for 5 seconds.
Not let's see an example with a for a loop.
import time print("Countdown of 10 seconds:") for x in range(10, 0, -1): time.sleep(1) print(x) print("Countdown complete!")
Countdown of 10 seconds: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Countdown complete!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error - MacOS
- Install Docker for Mac using Home-brew Cask - Docker
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied - PIP
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- Read JSON File in Python Program - Python
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe - Android
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 - Microsoft