If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Android Emulator cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. [M1 Mac]
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Fail to connect to camera service Android java RuntimeException
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Share or Send SMS via Android Intent
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Pass data between two Android Activities and access it using Intent
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- How to Download and Install Android adb Tool on Linux, Mac or Windows
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Error: Failed to validate the signature of the actionable message card - Power Automate Flow - PowerAutomate
- Spring Boot: JDBCTemplate BatchUpdate Update Query Example - Java
- Is Facebook is down? Is it just for me? - Facebook
- Adding Jackson dependency to Java Gradle Project - Gradle
- Set Falling Show on Website for Christmas using Pure CSS Code - CSS
- How to create a Array (not using list) in Python - Python
- Fix: Jupyter Notebook says Not Trusted - Python