If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- Change Android Toast background color
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix]
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Android SecurityException: Need BLUETOOTH ADMIN permissicacheNameAndAddresson: Neither user 10123 nor current process has android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - Android
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager - Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming - Android
- Struts2 : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.RequestContext - Java
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution? - MacOS
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps - HowTos
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android