If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash] - Linux
- macOS R installation steps - MacOS
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome
- How to get more information about npm using brew command - HowTos
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft