If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- List of 60 useful FTP Client Commands to access server - FTP
- Spell check not working in Gmail : Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations - Eclipse
- Disable jQuery button after being click - jQuery
- Install specific JRE on Ubuntu using apt - Ubuntu
- Parsing CSV file using Java code example (Comma Separated File) - Java