If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android
- Using Document Map in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Word wrap text in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android read text file from internal storage - Android
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Trapezoid - C-Program
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE - Android-Studio
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- Pdf Text to Speech option in Mac OS X Preview App - Mac-OS-X
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers - Android-Studio
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app - Android
- How to rename package name in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X - NotepadPlusPlus
- Share Story Feed on Facebook using URL - Facebook
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint