If a toast message is not getting displayed when you run your android Application,
1. Check that you have used .show() method on the toast object as an initial troubleshooting step.
2. Also, check if there are any error logs in LogCat.
3. Make sure that you are working on the UI thread.
4. Try changing the contexts and try : MyActivity.this or this or getApplicationContext()
If everything looks fine, yet no Toast displayed then check the Android OS version you're running the App.
Since Jelly Beans 4.2 (API level 16) users can disable App level Notifications by going to : Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AnyApp -> uncheck "Show Notification"
Note : When the Notification is disabled, Apps will not display any notification on Notification bar also it will not display any Toast messages for that app.
So a user running Jelly Beans or Higher may disable Notifications for your app, this as an adverse effect of this, no toast message will be displayed for your app too!
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Android Shared Preferences API tutorial
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe
- How to reset eclipse layout
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- How to screenshot on Android?
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Android : Unable to load VM from snapshot : Mac OS X Error
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- How to add border to Android TextView
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator
- Android RatingBar Example
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui
- Running Android Lint has encountered a problem NullPointerException Error
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found
- Android Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error
- Android : Accidental Octal Lint Warning
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device
- Android : Error in http connection java.net.SocketException: Permission denied - Android
- How to create Toast messages in Android - Android
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse - Android-Studio
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015 - HowTos
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- How to turn off Facebook autoplay videos on timeline - Facebook
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable - Android
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links - SharePoint
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Java XML-RPC 3.1.x based web service example - Java
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android