1. Navigate to path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Data\Office Server\Applications\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx-query-0\Config on your SharePoint Server
Note: This is the SharePoint Server that hosts the Search Query component files. So the location may vary depending on how your FARM and Search Service Application is configured, but usually, it is located as shown above within the Config folder of GUID-query-X folder named.
2. Locate file tsenu.xml, copy, and keep a backup original file. This will be useful if something goes wrong.
3. Open tsenu.xml file and remove the commented lines (<!-- Commented out, -->)
4. Add/Modify the <replacement> node to add a new synonym for an existing term as shown below
<replacement> <pat>BHARAT</pat> <pat>HINDUSTAN</pat> <sub>INDIA</sub> </replacement> <sub> = actual text <pat> = synonym
5.To add more synonyms, repeat the <replacement> nodes.
6. Save the file and close it.
7. Navigate to Services.msc and restart the SharePoint Server Search 14 service.
Saw the good part? This does not require any deployment or downtime. So can be planned and done whenever required.
8. Perform a search query using synonym and check resultsTags : SharePoint ; Search ; Thesaurus ; Alias ; Synonyms
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java - Java
- StringJoiner Example with Java Collections - Java
- How to install Python 2.7.xx on macOS 12.3 Monterey or higher - Python
- Drop table using Java JDBC Template - Java
- Iterate over an Array using Java 8 Stream and foreach - Java
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Temperature Convertor: Tool & Formula - Tools
- How to update all installed packages at once in Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2) - Android-Studio