1. Navigate to path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Data\Office Server\Applications\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx-query-0\Config on your SharePoint Server
Note: This is the SharePoint Server that hosts the Search Query component files. So the location may vary depending on how your FARM and Search Service Application is configured, but usually, it is located as shown above within the Config folder of GUID-query-X folder named.
2. Locate file tsenu.xml, copy, and keep a backup original file. This will be useful if something goes wrong.
3. Open tsenu.xml file and remove the commented lines (<!-- Commented out, -->)
4. Add/Modify the <replacement> node to add a new synonym for an existing term as shown below
<replacement> <pat>BHARAT</pat> <pat>HINDUSTAN</pat> <sub>INDIA</sub> </replacement> <sub> = actual text <pat> = synonym
5.To add more synonyms, repeat the <replacement> nodes.
6. Save the file and close it.
7. Navigate to Services.msc and restart the SharePoint Server Search 14 service.
Saw the good part? This does not require any deployment or downtime. So can be planned and done whenever required.
8. Perform a search query using synonym and check resultsTags : SharePoint ; Search ; Thesaurus ; Alias ; Synonyms
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException - Android
- No connection available Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet - SharePoint
- W3 HTML validator warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode - Html
- How to check your installed version of Git - Git
- How to add two float numbers in Python - Python
- How to check if Java main thread is alive - Java
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle - Google