1. Navigate to path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Data\Office Server\Applications\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx-query-0\Config on your SharePoint Server
Note: This is the SharePoint Server that hosts the Search Query component files. So the location may vary depending on how your FARM and Search Service Application is configured, but usually, it is located as shown above within the Config folder of GUID-query-X folder named.
2. Locate file tsenu.xml, copy, and keep a backup original file. This will be useful if something goes wrong.
3. Open tsenu.xml file and remove the commented lines (<!-- Commented out, -->)
4. Add/Modify the <replacement> node to add a new synonym for an existing term as shown below
<replacement> <pat>BHARAT</pat> <pat>HINDUSTAN</pat> <sub>INDIA</sub> </replacement> <sub> = actual text <pat> = synonym
5.To add more synonyms, repeat the <replacement> nodes.
6. Save the file and close it.
7. Navigate to Services.msc and restart the SharePoint Server Search 14 service.
Saw the good part? This does not require any deployment or downtime. So can be planned and done whenever required.
8. Perform a search query using synonym and check resultsTags : SharePoint ; Search ; Thesaurus ; Alias ; Synonyms
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur] - MacOS
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml - Android-Studio
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- How to enable Dark Mode in Windows 11 - Windows-11