The server at the website URL can't be found because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network. Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
If you are getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error message when you are trying to access a website on Google's Chrome Browser, then it's due to DNS lookup failureWhat is DNS ?
Its an acronym for Domain Name Server. They are like a phonebook for the Internet. These servers maintain a directory of domain names and it corresponding IP address.
As a Simple Example its something like this :
www.google.com => 220.127.116.11
www.yahoo.com => 18.104.22.168
www.bing.com => 22.214.171.124
www.google.com it the domain name whereas 126.96.36.199 is its IP address. We have domain names because it's easy for us humans to remember names instead of IP addresses. We need them because the machines access websites using domain names.Why this error ?
When you type in a website URL in your browser, the first step that the browser does it "Resolving the URL DNS" so it queries the DNS server and tried to find the IP address, but it seems that the DNS server is not able to fetch the response or is not accessible at all because you have either misconfigured DNS settings in your Internet/Network settings or the firewall is preventing browser to access the network.Steps to resolve this error ?
- Check if the issue persists on all websites you're trying to reach, if yes then just check your Internet settings again.
- Try contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask for the DNS settings.
- If you are not able to access a particular website through any of the web browsers then it may be because the website may be blocked by the government or ISP in your country.
For Windows Operating system users (Windows XP,7,8,10),
- Press Ctrl + R to open RUN prompt.
- type : services.msc
- Look for DNS Client
- Right Click on DNS Client and click : Restart
- Restart Chrome and it should work.
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error - Android
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Mac OS X Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine - Mac-OS-X
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- How to stop disable Facebook video autoplay during scroll - Facebook
- NewApi error : Finds API accesses to APIs that are not supported in all targeted API versions - Android
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView - Android