The server at the website URL can't be found because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network. Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
If you are getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error message when you are trying to access a website on Google's Chrome Browser, then it's due to DNS lookup failureWhat is DNS ?
Its an acronym for Domain Name Server. They are like a phonebook for the Internet. These servers maintain a directory of domain names and it corresponding IP address.
As a Simple Example its something like this :
www.google.com => 126.96.36.199
www.yahoo.com => 188.8.131.52
www.bing.com => 184.108.40.206
www.google.com it the domain name whereas 220.127.116.11 is its IP address. We have domain names because it's easy for us humans to remember names instead of IP addresses. We need them because the machines access websites using domain names.Why this error ?
When you type in a website URL in your browser, the first step that the browser does it "Resolving the URL DNS" so it queries the DNS server and tried to find the IP address, but it seems that the DNS server is not able to fetch the response or is not accessible at all because you have either misconfigured DNS settings in your Internet/Network settings or the firewall is preventing browser to access the network.Steps to resolve this error ?
- Check if the issue persists on all websites you're trying to reach, if yes then just check your Internet settings again.
- Try contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask for the DNS settings.
- If you are not able to access a particular website through any of the web browsers then it may be because the website may be blocked by the government or ISP in your country.
For Windows Operating system users (Windows XP,7,8,10),
- Press Ctrl + R to open RUN prompt.
- type : services.msc
- Look for DNS Client
- Right Click on DNS Client and click : Restart
- Restart Chrome and it should work.
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- Bypass domain name with credentials SharePoint, .Net site from IIS - SharePoint
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows - Android-Studio
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Portable Notepad++ for windows - NotepadPlusPlus
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it? - NotepadPlusPlus
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial - Android
- How to run CMD console commands in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted - Android
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies - HowTos
- How to rename package name in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop - MacOS
- Increase Android Emulator Timeout time - Android
- Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram down in many regions - UK, Europe, Australia - Facebook