The server at the website URL can't be found because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network. Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
If you are getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error message when you are trying to access a website on Google's Chrome Browser, then it's due to DNS lookup failureWhat is DNS ?
Its an acronym for Domain Name Server. They are like a phonebook for the Internet. These servers maintain a directory of domain names and it corresponding IP address.
As a Simple Example its something like this :
www.google.com => 22.214.171.124
www.yahoo.com => 126.96.36.199
www.bing.com => 188.8.131.52
www.google.com it the domain name whereas 184.108.40.206 is its IP address. We have domain names because it's easy for us humans to remember names instead of IP addresses. We need them because the machines access websites using domain names.Why this error ?
When you type in a website URL in your browser, the first step that the browser does it "Resolving the URL DNS" so it queries the DNS server and tried to find the IP address, but it seems that the DNS server is not able to fetch the response or is not accessible at all because you have either misconfigured DNS settings in your Internet/Network settings or the firewall is preventing browser to access the network.Steps to resolve this error ?
- Check if the issue persists on all websites you're trying to reach, if yes then just check your Internet settings again.
- Try contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask for the DNS settings.
- If you are not able to access a particular website through any of the web browsers then it may be because the website may be blocked by the government or ISP in your country.
For Windows Operating system users (Windows XP,7,8,10),
- Press Ctrl + R to open RUN prompt.
- type : services.msc
- Look for DNS Client
- Right Click on DNS Client and click : Restart
- Restart Chrome and it should work.
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx)
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Google Celebrates Rosa Bonheur 200th birthday with a Google Doodle
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- How to do a Reverse Image Search Using Google Tools
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- Fix: Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.
- How to Subscribe to Google Nest Aware on iPhone
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- How to subscribe nest aware?
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser
- How to get nest aware on iPhone
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- What is CA FE BA BE 00 00 00 3D in Java Class Bytecode - Java
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix - Teams
- Portable Notepad++ for windows - NotepadPlusPlus
- Twitch chat down, error loading data, content unavailable, streaming problem - News
- How to check if a port is in use using terminal [Linux or macOS] - MacOS
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- Using Java 8 Month Enum with Examples - Java
- Change Android Toast background color - Android