At times you may have a file ( mostly tab-separated values files like CSV files) which you want to edit to replace the tab separations by spaces or (,) comma.
You can do so using Text Editors like notepad++ using Find and Replace option using regular expressions.
- Open the file in Notepad++
- Press Ctrl + F to open Find Box. Select Replace tab. Add /t to Find what field and a space or a comma (,) as per what's your need to the Replace with filed.
- Click on Replace All. All tabs will be replaced by spaces/comma's.
?? Remember to set the Search Mode to Extended (\n \r \t \0 \x ..) or else you would not get desired results!
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable?
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Encode/Decode URL Query String in Notepad++
- Remove duplicate lines using Notepad++
- Add comma or semicolon at end of each line Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Fix Error Code: 80090030 in Microsoft Outlook/Teams - Microsoft
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites - Microsoft
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal - Powershell
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net - SharePoint
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux - MacOS
- HTML5 HELLO WORLD Example - Html