We all love Notepad++ Text Editor! it's the most advance and easy to use editor available and its free!! But it's unfortunate that Notepad++ does not support macOS (Mac OS X) yet! So you have to look for alternatives or equivalents.
Alternatives for Notepad++
1. TextEdit: macOS is shipped with TextEdit default editor just like we have Notepad for Windows, it is much better in features as compared to Notepad like support for regular expressions but does not have plugins and other features like syntax highlighting, String operations.
2. Sublime Text: It's one of the best Cross-Platform text editors that are available in the market. Works on All major Operating systems. As Notepad++, Sublime Text does have plugins support which makes it a powerful choice for Mac OS X. Only thing is it has a Proprietary software license.
3. BBEdit: This is yet another good alternative. Features include: Search and replace, syntax colouring for major programming languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP support, AppleScript, macOS Unix scripting support, text and code completion HTML markup tools and pattern (regex) matching support.
4 jEdit : it is a powerful text editor with hundreds of features and plugins. Its a free software and its source code is released under GPL 2.0
- Works on macOS, Unix and Windows Platforms.
- Supports Syntax highlighting for over 200 programming languages.
- Auto Indent feature and Word Wrap
- Its highly configurable and customizable.
- 100s Plugins and Macros supported that can be downloaded using Plugin Manager.
5 Smultron 7 : It is a Paid Text Editor that you can download from the App Store. It is very powerful easy to use editor with many helpful tools.
If you haven't find the right one you are looking here are some more ...
- SubEthaEdit 4
There are a lot of free and paid text editors available for macOS. Though there is no Notepad++ for macOS, you would surely find a substitute.
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Word count in Notepad++
- Notepad++ display files on tab bar as horizontal instead of vertical
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- How to make TextView Text Transparent [Android] - Android
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Google translate in spreadsheet - Google
- SharePoint update append Required Field to display name of mandatory columns - SharePoint
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site - SharePoint
- Android : Neither user 10085 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Android
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error - Android
- HTML5 HELLO WORLD Example - Html
- Calculate Area of Square - C-Program
- How to get the Android OS installed version programmatically - Android
- List of Eclipse IDE Versions and future releases : Mars and Neon - Eclipse
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater - Eclipse
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code - Android