We all love Notepad++ Text Editor! it's the most advance and easy to use editor available and its free!! But it's unfortunate that Notepad++ does not support macOS (Mac OS X) yet! So you have to look for alternatives or equivalents.
Alternatives for Notepad++
1. TextEdit: macOS is shipped with TextEdit default editor just like we have Notepad for Windows, it is much better in features as compared to Notepad like support for regular expressions but does not have plugins and other features like syntax highlighting, String operations.
2. Sublime Text: It's one of the best Cross-Platform text editors that are available in the market. Works on All major Operating systems. As Notepad++, Sublime Text does have plugins support which makes it a powerful choice for Mac OS X. Only thing is it has a Proprietary software license.
3. BBEdit: This is yet another good alternative. Features include: Search and replace, syntax colouring for major programming languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP support, AppleScript, macOS Unix scripting support, text and code completion HTML markup tools and pattern (regex) matching support.
4 jEdit : it is a powerful text editor with hundreds of features and plugins. Its a free software and its source code is released under GPL 2.0
- Works on macOS, Unix and Windows Platforms.
- Supports Syntax highlighting for over 200 programming languages.
- Auto Indent feature and Word Wrap
- Its highly configurable and customizable.
- 100s Plugins and Macros supported that can be downloaded using Plugin Manager.
5 Smultron 7 : It is a Paid Text Editor that you can download from the App Store. It is very powerful easy to use editor with many helpful tools.
If you haven't find the right one you are looking here are some more ...
- SubEthaEdit 4
There are a lot of free and paid text editors available for macOS. Though there is no Notepad++ for macOS, you would surely find a substitute.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip. - PIP