We all love Notepad++ Text Editor! It is the most advanced and easy-to-use editor available and it's free!! But it's unfortunate that Notepad++ does not support macOS! So you have to look for alternatives or equivalents.
Alternatives for Notepad++
1. TextEdit: macOS is shipped with TextEdit default editor just like we have Notepad for Windows, it is much better in features as compared to Notepad like support for regular expressions but does not have plugins and other features like Syntax Highlighting String operations.
2. Sublime Text: It's one of the best Cross-Platform text editors that are available in the market. Works on All major Operating systems. As Notepad++, Sublime Text does have plugins support which makes it a powerful choice for Mac OS X. Only thing is it has a Proprietary software license.
3. BBEdit: This is yet another good alternative. Features include: Search and replace, syntax coloring for major programming languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP support, AppleScript, macOS Unix scripting support, text, and code completion HTML markup tools, and pattern (regex) matching support.
4 jEdit: it is a powerful text editor with hundreds of features and plugins. It's free software and its source code is released under GPL 2.0
- Works on macOS, Unix and Windows Platforms.
- Supports Syntax highlighting for over 200 programming languages.
- Auto Indent feature and Word Wrap
- Its highly configurable and customizable.
- 100s Plugins and Macros supported that can be downloaded using Plugin Manager.
5 Smultron 7 : It is a Paid Text Editor that you can download from the App Store. It is a very powerful easy to use editor with many helpful tools.
If you haven't found the right one you are looking here are some more ...
- SubEthaEdit 4
There are a lot of free and paid text editors available for macOS. Though there is no Notepad++ for macOS, you would surely find a substitute.
- There is this community on Reddit that says a few names, but you got 15 of them, hmm I would keep vi editor somewhere at 5 if you ask me!
user213 20 Jul 2020 17:07:41 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file - SharePoint
- How to Restart Apple Silicon based Mac (M1/M2 Chip) in Safe Mode - MacOS
- [Fix] Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error - HowTos
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac - MacOS
- Twitter is down? Issues with Tweet create events affecting APIs - Twitter
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2) - Android-Studio
- Get the current timestamp in Java - Java
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project - Android-Studio