This is for advanced users. You can even take Screen Shots using terminal command screencapture. There are loads of options available to capture a screen, You can create your own custom scripts to take screen captures.
Some Terminal Screen Capture Examples :
screencapture -i ~/Desktop/myScreenCapture1.jpg
When you fire this command, the mouse pointer will turn into a cross-wire (interactive mode) and you can select an area on the screen and this file will be saved as myScreenCapture1 with jpg image format extension on the desktop.
screencapture -ix ~/Desktop/myScreenCapture2.tiff
Now we have added the -x option, so no sound will be played when the image is captured.
screencapture -ixC ~/Desktop/myScreenCapture3.png
Now we have added -C option too, so no sound will be played when the image is captured and even the Cursor will be captured in the image.
List of options available:
-c: It will force screen capture as a clipboard instead of a file. -C : If you want to capture the cursor as well as the screen you can use this option -i: It will capture the screen interactively, a cross-wire will appear and you can select a selection of the window. -m: This will only capture the main monitor. -M: It opens the taken picture in a new Mail message. -o: This will not capture the shadow of the window. -P: This will open the taken picture in a Preview window. -s: Allow mouse selection mode only. -S : capture the screen instead of the window. -t: Save image format to create, default is png (other options include pdf, jpg, tiff, and other formats). -T: Take the picture after a delay of seconds, the default delay is 5 seconds. -w: This only allows window selection mode. -W: This starts interaction in window selection mode. -x: This will not play sound when screenshot is taken. -a This option will not capture the attached windows. -r This option will not add screen dpi metadata to a captured file. files: where to save the screen capture, 1 file per screen.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to Setup maven on Mac OS X
- vi undo redo command [Examples]
- Hide files and folders on Mac OS X
- Spell check not working in Gmail : Mac OS X
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file
- Mac OS X Stuck During Booting Gray Screen Logo and Spinner
- [Mac] To open Eclipse you need to install the legacy java se 6 runtime
- Create a large dummy file using Mac OS X terminal command
- Java location in Mac OS X
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts)
- How to Stop Photos App from auto loading when device connected to the Mac
- Pdf Text to Speech option in Mac OS X Preview App
- Remove Applications from Startup Mac OS X
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10
- Safari appends .html extension to files that are downloaded
- Mac OS X Taking Screen Capture using Terminal
- 4 Open Source SQLite Editor for Mac OS X , Windows and Linux
- Take Screenshots on Mac OS without Keyboard
- Disable Chrome Notification bell from Mac OS X menu bar
- Google Search Hot Trends Screensaver for Mac OS X
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command
- Find Java JRE Installation location Mac OS X
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- Android : Connection with adb was interrupted 0 attempts have been made to reconnect - Android
- Java XML-RPC java.net.BindException: Address already in use - Java
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime?FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android