I recently ran into the error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED" while trying to run my android project on Emulator,
[2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Android Launch! [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] adb is running normally. [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Performing com.example.android.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Automatic Target Mode: Unable to detect device compatibility. Please select a target device. [2014-11-19 15:28:42 - AndroidApp] Uploading AppName.apk onto device S0708552ae [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installing AppName.apk... [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Launch canceled!
There was nothing wrong (no stack traces or error messages) detected in logCats, nor there was an error in the Project folder itself.
But the error message is self-explanatory to point out that the Manifest file has malformed.
So just checked the AndroidManifest.xml file to look for the reason, I found that there was a tag with no attributes, I just removed it and the app worked fine.
I hope it helps someone who is facing such an issue.
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- How to get Java Thread name Example [Program] - Java
- What Java version is used for Minecraft 1.18 - Java
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command - Windows
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file - MySQL
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint - SharePoint
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code) - HowTos
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command - HowTos
- Create assets folder in Android Studio - Android-Studio