I recently ran into the error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED" while trying to run my android project on Emulator,
[2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Android Launch! [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] adb is running normally. [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Performing com.example.android.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Automatic Target Mode: Unable to detect device compatibility. Please select a target device. [2014-11-19 15:28:42 - AndroidApp] Uploading AppName.apk onto device S0708552ae [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installing AppName.apk... [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Launch canceled!
There was nothing wrong (no stack traces or error messages) detected in logCats, nor there was an error in the Project folder itself.
But the error message is self-explanatory to point out that the Manifest file has malformed.
So just checked the AndroidManifest.xml file to look for the reason, I found that there was a tag with no attributes, I just removed it and the app worked fine.
I hope it helps someone who is facing such an issue.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- How to show Machintosh HD icon on Mac Desktop - MacOS
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- Quick way to setup AWS DynamoDB locally on macOS - AWS
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac - Eclipse
- Drop table using Java JDBC Template - Java
- 2020 Popular Halloween Emoji's and hashtags - Hashtags
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter