I recently ran into the error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED" while trying to run my android project on Emulator,
[2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Android Launch! [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] adb is running normally. [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Performing com.example.android.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Automatic Target Mode: Unable to detect device compatibility. Please select a target device. [2014-11-19 15:28:42 - AndroidApp] Uploading AppName.apk onto device S0708552ae [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installing AppName.apk... [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Launch canceled!
There was nothing wrong (no stack traces or error messages) detected in logCats, nor there was an error in the Project folder itself.
But the error message is self-explanatory to point out that the Manifest file has malformed.
So just checked the AndroidManifest.xml file to look for the reason, I found that there was a tag with no attributes, I just removed it and the app worked fine.
I hope it helps someone who is facing such an issue.
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial]
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Change Android Toast background color
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- Android Studio Error:(19, 0) Gradle DSL method not found: android() - Android-Studio
- Align html element at the center of page vertically and horizontally - Html
- Division between two numbers - C-Program
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad? - Microsoft
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse
- [Fatal Error] XML The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed. - Java
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1 - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name - SharePoint
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text - Python
- Find Covid-19 Vaccine centers on macOS or iOS Maps App - News
- How to access SharePoint Online data using Postman - REST API and Bearer token - SharePoint
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app - Android
- How to open Terminal in Mac to run commands - MacOS
- Disable jQuery button after being click - jQuery
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status - Google
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html) - WhatsApp