I recently ran into the error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED" while trying to run my android project on Emulator,
[2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Android Launch! [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] adb is running normally. [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Performing com.example.android.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Automatic Target Mode: Unable to detect device compatibility. Please select a target device. [2014-11-19 15:28:42 - AndroidApp] Uploading AppName.apk onto device S0708552ae [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installing AppName.apk... [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Launch canceled!
There was nothing wrong (no stack traces or error messages) detected in logCats, nor there was an error in the Project folder itself.
But the error message is self-explanatory to point out that the Manifest file has malformed.
So just checked the AndroidManifest.xml file to look for the reason, I found that there was a tag with no attributes, I just removed it and the app worked fine.
I hope it helps someone who is facing such an issue.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS] - MacOS
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java