Integrated Environment tools (IDEs) like Eclipse really make development fast and easy with the help of assistant tools, one of them is Content assist or Code assist.
What is Content Assist Does ?
Its a functionality that provides a list of suggested completions for a particular string/code that is being entered. For Example. If you have typed System. and press Ctrl + Space you will get a drop-down assistant menu displaying all possibilities that you can have,
⚡️ Note: If you have added docs for the programming language you are working with then you probably will also see detailed descriptions of the suggested classes, methods, variables, keywords, etc.
While you are typing you can press Ctrl+Space to get all possibilities for the partially entered string. You would see contents that are related to the Class, Interfaces, Static methods, getter setter methods, methods, variables or datatypes etc along with the return types and input parameters types if applicable.
We can also get code templates/snippets for a particular code. For example, if we type instanceof and press Ctrl + Space followed by pressing Enter the keyword will be replaced by the code snippet.
Let's see one more example the most commonly used for loop,
✔️ This really helps us as developers to write code quickly and in an efficient way. This works for all major programming languages like C, C++, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Ruby e.t.c. provided you have the appropriate language plugin and you are working in that programming language perspective.
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java]
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- How to run a Maven jar project from eclipse without tomcat
- [Fix] Spring Tool Suite STS Code Autocomplete not working with Eclipse
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Installing JD Decompiler plugin in Eclipse IDE
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Install Eclipse IDE on M1 Mac Natively
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O)
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS
- How to display Line Number in Eclipse IDE
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Sublime Text 3 Convert Case to Upper, Lower, Title or Swap - Sublime-Text
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum - Java
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty - SharePoint
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams