Integrated Environment tools (IDEs) like Eclipse really make development fast and easy with the help of assistant tools, one of them is Content assist or Code assist.
What is Content Assist Does ?
Its a functionality that provides a list of suggested completions for a particular string/code that is being entered. For Example. If you have typed System. and press Ctrl + Space you will get a drop-down assistant menu displaying all possibilities that you can have,
⚡️ Note: If you have added docs for the programming language you are working with then you probably will also see detailed descriptions of the suggested classes, methods, variables, keywords, etc.
While you are typing you can press Ctrl+Space to get all possibilities for the partially entered string. You would see contents that are related to the Class, Interfaces, Static methods, getter setter methods, methods, variables or datatypes etc along with the return types and input parameters types if applicable.
We can also get code templates/snippets for a particular code. For example, if we type instanceof and press Ctrl + Space followed by pressing Enter the keyword will be replaced by the code snippet.
Let's see one more example the most commonly used for loop,
✔️ This really helps us as developers to write code quickly and in an efficient way. This works for all major programming languages like C, C++, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Ruby e.t.c. provided you have the appropriate language plugin and you are working in that programming language perspective.
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error
- Increase Font Size of Eclipse Java Code
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- How to display Line Number in Eclipse IDE
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS
- How to view the Eclipse error log
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard - Chrome
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- HTML, HTML5. CSS, CSS3 Color Codes 2020 - Html
- SharePoint Open in the client application document opens in browser - Java