Integrated Environment tools (IDEs) like Eclipse really make development fast and easy with the help of assistant tools, one of them is Content assist or Code assist.
What is Content Assist Does ?
Its a functionality that provides a list of suggested completions for a particular string/code that is being entered. For Example. If you have typed System. and press Ctrl + Space you will get a drop-down assistant menu displaying all possibilities that you can have,
⚡️ Note: If you have added docs for the programming language you are working with then you probably will also see detailed descriptions of the suggested classes, methods, variables, keywords, etc.
While you are typing you can press Ctrl+Space to get all possibilities for the partially entered string. You would see contents that are related to the Class, Interfaces, Static methods, getter setter methods, methods, variables or datatypes etc along with the return types and input parameters types if applicable.
We can also get code templates/snippets for a particular code. For example, if we type instanceof and press Ctrl + Space followed by pressing Enter the keyword will be replaced by the code snippet.
Let's see one more example the most commonly used for loop,
✔️ This really helps us as developers to write code quickly and in an efficient way. This works for all major programming languages like C, C++, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Ruby e.t.c. provided you have the appropriate language plugin and you are working in that programming language perspective.
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2020-09)
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- BeanDefinitionStoreException IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [spring.xml] - Java
- Base64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Disable Chrome Notification bell from Mac OS X menu bar - Mac-OS-X
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail - Google
- List of jars required for Struts2 project - Java
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime﹕FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android
- Fail to connect to camera service Android java RuntimeException - Android
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library. - Eclipse
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically - Android