Integrated Environment tools (IDEs) like Eclipse really make development fast and easy with the help of assistant tools, one of them is Content assist or Code assist.
What is Content Assist Does ?
Its a functionality that provides a list of suggested completions for a particular string/code that is being entered. For Example. If you have typed System. and press Ctrl + Space you will get a drop-down assistant menu displaying all possibilities that you can have,
⚡️ Note: If you have added docs for the programming language you are working with then you probably will also see detailed descriptions of the suggested classes, methods, variables, keywords, etc.
While you are typing you can press Ctrl+Space to get all possibilities for the partially entered string. You would see contents that are related to the Class, Interfaces, Static methods, getter setter methods, methods, variables or datatypes etc along with the return types and input parameters types if applicable.
We can also get code templates/snippets for a particular code. For example, if we type instanceof and press Ctrl + Space followed by pressing Enter the keyword will be replaced by the code snippet.
Let's see one more example the most commonly used for loop,
✔️ This really helps us as developers to write code quickly and in an efficient way. This works for all major programming languages like C, C++, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Ruby e.t.c. provided you have the appropriate language plugin and you are working in that programming language perspective.
- How to display hidden files in Eclipse (dot prefixed files)
- Convert existing code project into a git project using Eclipse
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace
- How to create a Git Project in Eclipse (Step-by-step)
- [Solution] Spring Tool Suite (STS) support for JSP (JAVA EE)
- How to Remove All Terminated Console tabs at once in Eclipse
- Eclipse Java: Multiple markers at this line error
- Compare Current and Previous Versions of Same File (Local History) in Eclipse
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Fix: Eclipse Cant Connect to any repository not Authorized Error GitHub
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O)
- How to Configure GitHub with Eclipse IDE in 2023
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- Fix: Eclipse Connection time out: github.com
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java]
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Shortcuts: How to Toggle Word Wrap in Visual Studio Code (VS Code) - Shortcuts
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts - SharePoint
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode - Python
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Get count of SharePoint List or Document Library Items using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS - MacOS