Notepad++ is a very powerful text editor for Windows OS, removing blank lines is one of the most common use cases that one may come across on day-to-day work. Notepad++ is very handy in doing so, you really do not need to know any Regular Expressions to do so, few button clicks can do your work.
Let's see some ways in which you can do this,
- Using Edit -> Line Operations
- Using Regular Expression
Open your file in the Editor and got to Menu : Edit -> Line Operations -> Remove Empty Lines
We can use the Find and Replace option with regular express to remove empty lines
- Press Ctrl + F to open Find dialog, move to Replace tab
- Change the Search Mode as Extended (\n,\r,\t,\0,\x ...)
Find : \r\n Replace with blank
- Select the text content.
- Goto Menu : TextFX -> TextFX Edit -> Delete Blank Lines
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar
- How to hide lines in Notepad++
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Portable Notepad++ for windows
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- Word count in Notepad++
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action - Microsoft
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- zsh: exec format error eclipse M1 Mac - zsh
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS - Eclipse
- Change Mouse Scrolling in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get - Linux
- Be right back We’re making updates to the Apple Store. Check back soon. - Apple
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux