Warning❗️Though AWS Cloud is pay as you go! If the number of objects in your bucket is too many, you could incur a significant cost, so be mindful that per 1,000 S3 LIST requests you will incur a cost of $0.005. Each LIST request gets around 1,000 object details.
Get Total Size and Object count of AWS Bucket using AWS Console
- Login to your AWS Web Console.
- Navigate to S3 Console: https://s3.console.aws.amazon.com
- Now click on the bucket name that you want to know the size.
- Now select all objects by checking the top most checkbox,
- Under Actions select: "Calculate total Size"
Note that the total size information will no longer be available after you navigate away from this page - so you can take a note of the total object count and its size.
Get Total Size and Object count of AWS Bucket using AWS CLI Command
- Open your terminal/command prompt (make sure you have set the AWS keys using aws config)
- Now make use of the S3 ls command with the below options,
# aws s3 ls s3://c2c-bucket-1 --recursive --human-readable --summarize 2022-08-17 00:17:46 0 Bytes myfiles/a.txt 2022-08-17 00:17:46 0 Bytes myfiles/b.txt 2022-08-17 00:17:46 13 Bytes test.txt 2022-08-17 00:17:46 0 Bytes test2.txt Total Objects: 4 Total Size: 13 Bytes
- Make a note of Total Size displayed in Bytes/KibMib/Gib/Tib/iPb
- Create S3 bucket and upload files using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Get the total size and number of objects of a AWS S3 bucket and folders
- Create an S3 bucket in a specific AWS region using CLI Command
- [Solution] AWS Java SDK S3 AmazonS3Exception InvalidAccessKeyId
- Fix AWS CLI 2 SignatureDoesNotMatch Error - Signature we calculated does not match
- 573 List of reserved keywords in AWS DynamoDB
- Quick way to setup AWS DynamoDB locally on macOS
- [Solution] com.amazonaws.dynamodb.v20120810 MissingAuthenticationToken Key Id or X.509 certificate
- Quick way to install AWS CLI for macOS Terminal
- Setting and Updating AWS CLI Configuration
- AWS S3 CLI BucketAlreadyExists when calling CreateBucket Error make_bucket failed
- How to install AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Create S3 bucket using AWS CLI Command mb
- Fix: zsh: command not found: aws (Mac/macOS)
- How to install AWS CLI on Ubuntu
- Fix: Amazon Linux bash: sudo: command not found
- How to Setup AWS Credentials using Visual Studio Code
- AW3 CLI command to get list of all region names
- Most Essencial AWS CLI 2 S3 ls Command Options
- Install AWS CLI using Brew Command
- [Fix] java: incompatible types: incompatible parameter types in lambda expression error - Java
- How to install Microsoft Outlook App on Mac - MacOS
- Mac Auto Move Mouse Pointer Every X Seconds to Keep Screen Awake - MacOS
- All directional arrows codes for HTML - Html
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script - Powershell
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL - SharePoint
- What does apt-get update command does? - Linux
- Install Native M1/M2 Apple Silicon based IntelliJ IDEA IDE on Mac - MacOS