I had recently updated Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator revision 5.1: HAXM installer from the Android SDK Manager tool on my Mac OS X operating system running 10.10 Yosemite. I found that after the update when I run my Project on Emulator my mac mini was getting heated up (temperatures rising up to 95º). The emulator was not getting booted up!
I got the following error message on Eclipse Console :
[2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] ------------------------------ [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Android Launch! [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] adb is running normally. [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Performing com.example.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Automatic Target Mode: Preferred AVD 'avd' is not available. Launching new emulator. [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'avd' [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable. [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] CPU acceleration status: HAX is not installed on this machine (/dev/HAX is missing).
- Goto the location where android sdk eclipse bundle is been installed on your system.
- Now goto : \sdk\extraiIntex\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager\
- Here you must see the Intel HAXM dmg file : IntelHAXM_1.1.1_for_10_9_and_above.dmg
Install this setup and try running your emulator, things should get fine now!
More Posts related to Android,
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version - Powershell
- How to stop/start/restart apache server using command [Ubuntu] - Ubuntu
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android
- How to Manage Profile Picture on Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS PHP - PHP
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Java Join Strings with Comma Separator - Java
- Spotlight Search Mac Keyboard Shortcut - MacOS