I had recently updated Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator revision 5.1: HAXM installer from the Android SDK Manager tool on my Mac OS X operating system running 10.10 Yosemite. I found that after the update when I run my Project on Emulator my mac mini was getting heated up (temperatures rising up to 95º). The emulator was not getting booted up!
I got the following error message on Eclipse Console :
[2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] ------------------------------ [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Android Launch! [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] adb is running normally. [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Performing com.example.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Automatic Target Mode: Preferred AVD 'avd' is not available. Launching new emulator. [2014-11-24 13:11:15 - app] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'avd' [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable. [2014-11-24 13:11:16 - Emulator] CPU acceleration status: HAX is not installed on this machine (/dev/HAX is missing).
- Goto the location where android sdk eclipse bundle is been installed on your system.
- Now goto : \sdk\extraiIntex\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager\
- Here you must see the Intel HAXM dmg file : IntelHAXM_1.1.1_for_10_9_and_above.dmg
Install this setup and try running your emulator, things should get fine now!
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- Take Screenshots on Mac OS without Keyboard - Mac-OS-X
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser - NotepadPlusPlus
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started - SharePoint
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes - SharePoint
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File - NotepadPlusPlus