Block selection is one of the most powerful ways to copy, paste or select operations on your text file.
You can perform the block selection of text by using the keyboard shortcut Command ⌘ + Option ⌥
- Open your file in the TextEdit app,
- Now keep pressing the keys Command ⌘ + Option ⌥
- Use your mouse to select your column as a block.
- Leave your keyboard and mouse once the desired text is selected.
- Now press Command + C to copy the text.
- Paste the text wherever you need it.
Follow the below Gif demo to understand how it works in action.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome] - Chrome
- [fix] White Screen when open Teams on Windows - Teams
- How to create new user account in Windows bash - Bash
- Add or remove users from sudo group - Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server - SharePoint
- Fix: Teams is in preview in Safari on Mac - Teams
- Change Line Endings (Encoding Windows/Mac/Unix CR/LF/CRLF) Sublime Text - Sublime-Text
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking - HowTos