If you want to Base 64 Encode or Decode a text string without writing a program or using tools online, well Notepad++ text editor has Base 64 encoding decoding options under Plugins -> MIME Tools that would be helpful.
Example of how to use MIME Base 64 Encoding/Decoding Plugin:
- Open your file in Notepad++ (or write/paste text in the editor tab).
- Select the text that you want to encode or decode.
- Go-to Plugins -> MIME Tools -> Base64 Encode/Decoder.
- Based on what option you selected the text will be translated accordingly!
You can see here that the text is now base64 encoded.
⚡️ If you want to use an online tool - we have created one https://code2care.org/tools/base64-decoder-encoder - Note: The translation happens offline on the browser :) its Safe!
More Posts related to NotepadPlusPlus,
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found - Android-Studio
- C#.Net error The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - SharePoint
- [fix] MySQL cj jdbc CommunicationsException: Communications link failure - Java
- [Fix] Java - Exception in thread main java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException - Java
- How to Close Safari in Mac using Keyboard shortcut - MacOS
- How to know docker Engine details - Docker
- [Solution] AWS Java SDK S3 AmazonS3Exception InvalidAccessKeyId - AWS
Base64 encoding is algorithm used to encode binary data such as images, sounds. It can be embedded in the HTML or CSS code.