I recently had trouble deleting old emulators from my AVD Manager.
The Android Virtual Device 'myEmulator' is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
I did delete all the AVD processes that were running on my Mac OS X but still, the error persisted. (check if AVD is running through Activity Monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows)
To resolve this issue you need to locate the .android folder on your HDD. The location for
.androidfolder is different depending on what Operating System you have.
- Go to terminal.
- Goto root by typing : cd \
- Goto Users/
- Now type : cd .android
- Now type : cd avd
You would see directories with emulator names. Delete all those emulator's (.ini and .avd) files from here that you do not want.
Alternate way: You need to unhide hidden folders on your Mac OS X to see .android folder. ( how to see hidden folders on macOS: link )
Goto Users Directory where Android Eclipse software has been installed. Now look for a hidden .android directory. Get into AVD dir and delete the file and folder that have your emulator name.
Go-to AVD Manager and refresh and you would see that the AVD is been deleted.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
For Windows Operating system you will find .android folder under C:/Documents and Settings//.android
This can be C:/Users/.android if you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8
Now look for AVD folder and delete all folders and files (.ini files) that has the name of the AVD you do not want
Hope it helps!
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android
- Using Document Map in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Word wrap text in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android read text file from internal storage - Android
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Trapezoid - C-Program
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE - Android-Studio
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- Pdf Text to Speech option in Mac OS X Preview App - Mac-OS-X
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers - Android-Studio
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app - Android
- How to rename package name in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X - NotepadPlusPlus
- Share Story Feed on Facebook using URL - Facebook
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint