I recently had trouble deleting old emulators from my AVD Manager.
The Android Virtual Device 'myEmulator' is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
I did delete all the AVD processes that were running on my Mac OS X but still, the error persisted. (check if AVD is running through Activity Monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows)
To resolve this issue you need to locate the .android folder on your HDD. The location for
.androidfolder is different depending on what Operating System you have.
- Go to terminal.
- Goto root by typing : cd \
- Goto Users/
- Now type : cd .android
- Now type : cd avd
You would see directories with emulator names. Delete all those emulator's (.ini and .avd) files from here that you do not want.
Alternate way: You need to unhide hidden folders on your Mac OS X to see .android folder. ( how to see hidden folders on macOS: link )
Goto Users Directory where Android Eclipse software has been installed. Now look for a hidden .android directory. Get into AVD dir and delete the file and folder that have your emulator name.
Go-to AVD Manager and refresh and you would see that the AVD is been deleted.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
For Windows Operating system you will find .android folder under C:/Documents and Settings//.android
This can be C:/Users/.android if you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8
Now look for AVD folder and delete all folders and files (.ini files) that has the name of the AVD you do not want
Hope it helps!
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint) - SharePoint
- List of Java Keywords - Java
- Type R is already defined error : Android Error - Android
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found - Android-Studio
- Java JDBC with Join Queries Example - Java
- How to install AWS CLI on Ubuntu - AWS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari - MacOS
- Detect swipes on Android Activity - Android