I recently had trouble deleting old emulators from my AVD Manager.
The Android Virtual Device 'myEmulator' is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
I did delete all the AVD processes that were running on my Mac OS X but still, the error persisted. (check if AVD is running through Activity Monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows)
To resolve this issue you need to locate the .android folder on your HDD. The location for
.androidfolder is different depending on what Operating System you have.
- Go to terminal.
- Goto root by typing : cd \
- Goto Users/
- Now type : cd .android
- Now type : cd avd
You would see directories with emulator names. Delete all those emulator's (.ini and .avd) files from here that you do not want.
Alternate way: You need to unhide hidden folders on your Mac OS X to see .android folder. ( how to see hidden folders on macOS: link )
Goto Users Directory where Android Eclipse software has been installed. Now look for a hidden .android directory. Get into AVD dir and delete the file and folder that have your emulator name.
Go-to AVD Manager and refresh and you would see that the AVD is been deleted.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
For Windows Operating system you will find .android folder under C:/Documents and Settings//.android
This can be C:/Users/.android if you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8
Now look for AVD folder and delete all folders and files (.ini files) that has the name of the AVD you do not want
Hope it helps!
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial]
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Change Android Toast background color
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- How to integrate Salesforce CRM Sales and Service with Microsoft Teams - Teams
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150) - MySQL
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- Java location in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - SharePoint
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS - MacOS
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- How to Change Text Size for Android ActionBar - Android
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search - Google
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library - SharePoint
- 🎃 Trending, Popular Halloween hashtags for year 2020 🎃 [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat] - Hashtags
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- Vertical align two div's in Bootstrap [HTML CSS] - Bootstrap
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android