I recently had trouble deleting old emulators from my AVD Manager.
The Android Virtual Device 'myEmulator' is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
I did delete all the AVD processes that were running on my Mac OS X but still, the error persisted. (check if AVD is running through Activity Monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows)
To resolve this issue you need to locate the .android folder on your HDD. The location for
.androidfolder is different depending on what Operating System you have.
- Go to terminal.
- Goto root by typing : cd \
- Goto Users/
- Now type : cd .android
- Now type : cd avd
You would see directories with emulator names. Delete all those emulator's (.ini and .avd) files from here that you do not want.
Alternate way: You need to unhide hidden folders on your Mac OS X to see .android folder. ( how to see hidden folders on macOS: link )
Goto Users Directory where Android Eclipse software has been installed. Now look for a hidden .android directory. Get into AVD dir and delete the file and folder that have your emulator name.
Go-to AVD Manager and refresh and you would see that the AVD is been deleted.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
For Windows Operating system you will find .android folder under C:/Documents and Settings//.android
This can be C:/Users/.android if you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8
Now look for AVD folder and delete all folders and files (.ini files) that has the name of the AVD you do not want
Hope it helps!
- Change Android Toast background color
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix]
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx - SharePoint
- Split a String in Java with Examples - Java
- Android Studio Error: Default Activity not found - Android-Studio
- How to know current Ubuntu Linux version via terminal command - Ubuntu
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio - Android-Studio
- JSP Hello World Program Tutorial with Eclipse and Tomcat Server - Java