After update to Android API level 21 you may face some issues while working with the Android Eclipse ADT tool. One of them is appcompat_v7 theme related error messages which can be resolved by setting appcompat_v7 library project build target as 5.0
Another problem that I faced was running an app on the emulator while working on the macOS machine. The emulator simply used to load on Dock and disappear. I tried it with every emulator that I had and even tried removing snapshot option selected while the emulator was created.
Error logs on Console :
[2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] ------------------------------ [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] Android Launch! [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] adb is running normally. [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] Performing com.example.drawing.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-03 17:12:37 - App] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-03 17:12:38 - App] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from the snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
My Project has min SDK version is 8 and max SDK is 19: But the build library was set as Android 21 causing this issue. Just select Android Build target for your App Project folder as Android 19 and this issue will be resolved.
Hope this may help someone resolve a similar issue.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command - HowTos
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- Spotify is down for iOS and Android globally - error no internet connection available, something went wrong - News
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Android Studio Change SDK Path - Android