After update to Android API level 21 you may face some issues while working with the Android Eclipse ADT tool. One of them is appcompat_v7 theme related error messages which can be resolved by setting appcompat_v7 library project build target as 5.0
Another problem that I faced was running an app on the emulator while working on the macOS machine. The emulator simply used to load on Dock and disappear. I tried it with every emulator that I had and even tried removing snapshot option selected while the emulator was created.
Error logs on Console :
[2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] ------------------------------ [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] Android Launch! [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] adb is running normally. [2014-11-03 17:12:35 - App] Performing com.example.drawing.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-03 17:12:37 - App] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-03 17:12:38 - App] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from the snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
My Project has min SDK version is 8 and max SDK is 19: But the build library was set as Android 21 causing this issue. Just select Android Build target for your App Project folder as Android 19 and this issue will be resolved.
Hope this may help someone resolve a similar issue.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode - Python
- How to pass value to another Power Apps screen - PowerApps
- Create Nested Directories using Java Code - Java
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11 - Python
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color - Linux
- Convert JSON to Java Collection Map using Jackson - Java