Have you just updated your Android Eclipse IDE (SDK) to API 21 (L Preview) then you may face the below error message when you load you start your Workspace.
‘Loading data for Android L (Preview)’ has encountered a problem. Parsing Data for android-L failed Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
When you try looking at the "Graphic layout" for layout.xml file you would see nothing in the Palette view. The project target (Android L (Preview)) was not properly loaded and the error message window keeps popping every now and then.Reason ?
If you compile your code against Android L-Preview then you require to have Java 7
Check for Java Development (JDK) version. For L Preview you must have JDK 1.7, JDK 1.6 would not work. If not then download JDK 1.7 and update JAVA_HOME for your windows Environment Variable or Appropriately for Linux of Mac OS X system.
You can complete your code against API levels below 20, change the targetSdkVersion in AndroidManifest.xml file below level 20.
Clean and Build your project and things should work fine.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop - HowTos
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router - HowTos
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Parallelogram - C-Program
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- JSON with PHP Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme - Android
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available - Android-Studio
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint) - SharePoint
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus