Have you just updated your Android Eclipse IDE (SDK) to API 21 (L Preview) then you may face the below error message when you load you start your Workspace.
‘Loading data for Android L (Preview)’ has encountered a problem. Parsing Data for android-L failed Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
When you try looking at the "Graphic layout" for layout.xml file you would see nothing in the Palette view. The project target (Android L (Preview)) was not properly loaded and the error message window keeps popping every now and then.Reason ?
If you compile your code against Android L-Preview then you require to have Java 7
Check for Java Development (JDK) version. For L Preview you must have JDK 1.7, JDK 1.6 would not work. If not then download JDK 1.7 and update JAVA_HOME for your windows Environment Variable or Appropriately for Linux of Mac OS X system.
You can complete your code against API levels below 20, change the targetSdkVersion in AndroidManifest.xml file below level 20.
Clean and Build your project and things should work fine.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found - Android-Studio
- C#.Net error The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - SharePoint
- [fix] MySQL cj jdbc CommunicationsException: Communications link failure - Java
- [Fix] Java - Exception in thread main java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException - Java
- How to Close Safari in Mac using Keyboard shortcut - MacOS
- How to know docker Engine details - Docker
- [Solution] AWS Java SDK S3 AmazonS3Exception InvalidAccessKeyId - AWS