[2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Android Launch! [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] adb is running normally. [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Performing com.code2care.puzzle.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] WARNING: Unknown device API version! [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Uploading AndApp.apk onto device 'S7514708552ce' [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Installing AndApp.apk... [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Launch canceled!
If you are trying to run an Android Project on your device or emulator and you get the above error on your eclipse console, then the reason for such error is that your device Android Operating system SDK Version is Older and is not supported by the App, let's look into more details,
Why this error message ?
Just check your AndroidManifest.xml file and look for <uses-sdk> tag. It should have two attributes android: minSdkVersion and android: targetSdkVersion
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
In order to run the app on your device, the
android:minSdkVersionshould be less than or equal to the SDK version of the OS running on your device. For the above case if your device is running on Froyo it has an API level 8 whereas the app requires minimum API level as 11 i.e. Gingerbread, hence the App would not get installed and you will get the error.
How to resolve this issue ?
To resolve this issue you can either change the minSdkVersion to that of the device you are trying to run the App or if you can create a new emulator device that is higher or equal to the API level defiled in Manifest file.
⚠️ Note : You may get errors in your project folder as certain lines of code may not be compatible with the Older versions, so you may need to handle it first before getting it to work on the device.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to check RAM details on Mac? - MacOS
- How to create alias in macOS - MacOS
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command - HowTos
- Multiple ways to Convert tabs with spaces in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix - Teams
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net - SharePoint
- How to get file path in Idea IntelliJ IDE - Java
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it - Chrome