[2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Android Launch! [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] adb is running normally. [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Performing com.code2care.puzzle.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] WARNING: Unknown device API version! [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Uploading AndApp.apk onto device 'S7514708552ce' [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Installing AndApp.apk... [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Launch canceled!
If you are trying to run an Android Project on your device or emulator and you get the above error on your eclipse console, then the reason for such error is that your device Android Operating system SDK Version is Older and is not supported by the App, let's look into more details,
Why this error message ?
Just check your AndroidManifest.xml file and look for <uses-sdk> tag. It should have two attributes android: minSdkVersion and android: targetSdkVersion
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
In order to run the app on your device, the
android:minSdkVersionshould be less than or equal to the SDK version of the OS running on your device. For the above case if your device is running on Froyo it has an API level 8 whereas the app requires minimum API level as 11 i.e. Gingerbread, hence the App would not get installed and you will get the error.
How to resolve this issue ?
To resolve this issue you can either change the minSdkVersion to that of the device you are trying to run the App or if you can create a new emulator device that is higher or equal to the API level defiled in Manifest file.
⚠️ Note : You may get errors in your project folder as certain lines of code may not be compatible with the Older versions, so you may need to handle it first before getting it to work on the device.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365] - Microsoft
- Increase Android Emulator Timeout time - Android
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template - Android-Studio
- Top 3 Awesome Text Editors developers prefer at workplace - Sublime