[2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Android Launch! [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] adb is running normally. [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Performing com.code2care.puzzle.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] WARNING: Unknown device API version! [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Uploading AndApp.apk onto device 'S7514708552ce' [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Installing AndApp.apk... [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Launch canceled!
If you are trying to run an Android Project on your device or emulator and you get the above error on your eclipse console, then the reason for such error is that your device Android Operating system SDK Version is Older and is not supported by the App, let's look into more details,
Why this error message ?
Just check your AndroidManifest.xml file and look for <uses-sdk> tag. It should have two attributes android: minSdkVersion and android: targetSdkVersion
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
In order to run the app on your device, the
android:minSdkVersionshould be less than or equal to the SDK version of the OS running on your device. For the above case if your device is running on Froyo it has an API level 8 whereas the app requires minimum API level as 11 i.e. Gingerbread, hence the App would not get installed and you will get the error.
How to resolve this issue ?
To resolve this issue you can either change the minSdkVersion to that of the device you are trying to run the App or if you can create a new emulator device that is higher or equal to the API level defiled in Manifest file.
⚠️ Note : You may get errors in your project folder as certain lines of code may not be compatible with the Older versions, so you may need to handle it first before getting it to work on the device.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED - Android
- Create assets folder in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons - Android
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations - Eclipse
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint - SharePoint
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied) - MySQL
- 11 Weeks of Android Online Sessions-15-Jun-to-28-Aug-2020 - Android
- PHP header location function not called - PHP
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- AlertDialog with no buttons (just text message) - Android
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file - Eclipse
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming - Android
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui - Android