[2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Android Launch! [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] adb is running normally. [2014-12-30 13:41:07 - AndApp] Performing com.code2care.puzzle.app.MainActivity activity launch [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] WARNING: Unknown device API version! [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Uploading AndApp.apk onto device 'S7514708552ce' [2014-12-30 13:41:21 - AndApp] Installing AndApp.apk... [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-12-30 13:41:23 - AndApp] Launch canceled!
If you are trying to run an Android Project on your device or emulator and you get the above error on your eclipse console, then the reason for such error is that your device Android Operating system SDK Version is Older and is not supported by the App, let's look into more details,
Why this error message ?
Just check your AndroidManifest.xml file and look for <uses-sdk> tag. It should have two attributes android: minSdkVersion and android: targetSdkVersion
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
In order to run the app on your device, the
android:minSdkVersionshould be less than or equal to the SDK version of the OS running on your device. For the above case if your device is running on Froyo it has an API level 8 whereas the app requires minimum API level as 11 i.e. Gingerbread, hence the App would not get installed and you will get the error.
How to resolve this issue ?
To resolve this issue you can either change the minSdkVersion to that of the device you are trying to run the App or if you can create a new emulator device that is higher or equal to the API level defiled in Manifest file.
⚠️ Note : You may get errors in your project folder as certain lines of code may not be compatible with the Older versions, so you may need to handle it first before getting it to work on the device.
- Change Android Toast background color
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix]
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++? - NotepadPlusPlus
- Spotlight Search Mac Keyboard Shortcut - MacOS
- How to Update Chrome Browser on Mac? - Chrome
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio
- CSS: Apply opacity only for div background and not text - CSS
- 100+ Hashtags for BST ARMY - BTS
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired - Android