[2014-11-06 16:23:57 - myApp] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-06 16:23:57 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
If you have encountered the above error message when you tried to open your Android Application Project on the Emulator you have then this is because you have may have modified the Configuration settings of the emulator and you have Snapshot option selected.
Why did you get this error ?
You must have previously created an Emulator device with the Snapshot option selected. If you select the Snapshot option and run it for the first time, the system creates a copy of the OS that is loaded on the RAM to disk, something like Hibernation. Now the next time you load the Emulator its been loaded from this Snapshot, hence the device gets loaded faster compared to a device created by not selecting the Snapshot option.
So now if you change the configuration of this device, this will cause the above error, so any change you make to the AVD with Snapshot be it RAM, Heap, target API, CPU, Skin, Camera, etc.
How to make it working :
You need to get back to the previous configuration that you had and which worked! in order to fix this issue.
If you want the configuration changes you made to stay then you must uncheck "Snapshot" option.
If noting works for you!! Well then you have to delete the Emulator and recreate it once again.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- How to show Machintosh HD icon on Mac Desktop - MacOS
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- Quick way to setup AWS DynamoDB locally on macOS - AWS
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac - Eclipse
- Drop table using Java JDBC Template - Java
- 2020 Popular Halloween Emoji's and hashtags - Hashtags
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter