[2014-11-06 16:23:57 - myApp] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-06 16:23:57 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
If you have encountered the above error message when you tried to open your Android Application Project on the Emulator you have then this is because you have may have modified the Configuration settings of the emulator and you have Snapshot option selected.
Why did you get this error ?
You must have previously created an Emulator device with the Snapshot option selected. If you select the Snapshot option and run it for the first time, the system creates a copy of the OS that is loaded on the RAM to disk, something like Hibernation. Now the next time you load the Emulator its been loaded from this Snapshot, hence the device gets loaded faster compared to a device created by not selecting the Snapshot option.
So now if you change the configuration of this device, this will cause the above error, so any change you make to the AVD with Snapshot be it RAM, Heap, target API, CPU, Skin, Camera, etc.
How to make it working :
You need to get back to the previous configuration that you had and which worked! in order to fix this issue.
If you want the configuration changes you made to stay then you must uncheck "Snapshot" option.
If noting works for you!! Well then you have to delete the Emulator and recreate it once again.
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- auth_client_using_bad_version_title : Error Android Lint
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Android read text file from internal storage
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- fill_parent vs match_parent vs wrap_content
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- How to create Toast messages in Android
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it - Chrome
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming - Android
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22 - Android
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- JSP Hello World Program Tutorial with Eclipse and Tomcat Server - Java
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements - SharePoint
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Unbound classpath container: JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7] - Java
- Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- Android M cannot run app using play button : Android Studio - Android
- How to take Screenshot on Android device - Android