[2014-11-06 16:23:57 - myApp] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-06 16:23:57 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
If you have encountered the above error message when you tried to open your Android Application Project on the Emulator you have then this is because you have may have modified the Configuration settings of the emulator and you have Snapshot option selected.
Why did you get this error ?
You must have previously created an Emulator device with the Snapshot option selected. If you select the Snapshot option and run it for the first time, the system creates a copy of the OS that is loaded on the RAM to disk, something like Hibernation. Now the next time you load the Emulator its been loaded from this Snapshot, hence the device gets loaded faster compared to a device created by not selecting the Snapshot option.
So now if you change the configuration of this device, this will cause the above error, so any change you make to the AVD with Snapshot be it RAM, Heap, target API, CPU, Skin, Camera, etc.
How to make it working :
You need to get back to the previous configuration that you had and which worked! in order to fix this issue.
If you want the configuration changes you made to stay then you must uncheck "Snapshot" option.
If noting works for you!! Well then you have to delete the Emulator and recreate it once again.
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial]
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Change Android Toast background color
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video - Microsoft
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS] - Linux
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser - Eclipse
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error - MySQL
- How to make Text in TextView bold and italic in Android - Android
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell - Google
- Calculate Volume of Sphere - C-Program
- PHP header location function not called - PHP
- Amp Hello World Example - AMP
- How to open SharePoint Online Modern SPFX links in new tab - SharePoint
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored? - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android : Prevent App for rotation landscape or portrait - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cube - C-Program
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque) - MacOS
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location? - HowTos
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix] - Android
- All directional arrows codes for HTML - Html