[2014-11-06 16:23:57 - myApp] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'myEmulator' [2014-11-06 16:23:57 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration.
If you have encountered the above error message when you tried to open your Android Application Project on the Emulator you have then this is because you have may have modified the Configuration settings of the emulator and you have Snapshot option selected.
Why did you get this error ?
You must have previously created an Emulator device with the Snapshot option selected. If you select the Snapshot option and run it for the first time, the system creates a copy of the OS that is loaded on the RAM to disk, something like Hibernation. Now the next time you load the Emulator its been loaded from this Snapshot, hence the device gets loaded faster compared to a device created by not selecting the Snapshot option.
So now if you change the configuration of this device, this will cause the above error, so any change you make to the AVD with Snapshot be it RAM, Heap, target API, CPU, Skin, Camera, etc.
How to make it working :
You need to get back to the previous configuration that you had and which worked! in order to fix this issue.
If you want the configuration changes you made to stay then you must uncheck "Snapshot" option.
If noting works for you!! Well then you have to delete the Emulator and recreate it once again.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH - Chrome
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct - SharePoint
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css - CSS
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable - Mac-OS-X