You may have noticed that when you have an EditText or ListView in your Activity, and when that activity is brought in front, the EditText is always in Focus, ie the Keyboard is always popped up.
By default the first EditText you add to the layout.xml will have at tag
There are lot many ways you can achieve this, but the very best and simplest way is to add android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden" in the activity tag of the Manifest.xml file. When you add this attribute to the Activity , the keyboard to be always hidden when the activity loads and when you click on the TextEdit the keyboard gets into focus.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- JSON Tutorial: List of Lessons - Json-Tutorial
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- Set Title to Android AlertDialog - Android
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button - Android
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Get HTML table td, tr or th inner content value with id or name attribute - Html
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically - Android
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device - Android
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Kill or force quit stuck application or process in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Calculate Volume of Sphere - C-Program