Eclipse is a wonderful and most powerful IDE to work with. If you have written a line of code and the imports for it is missing or say you have borrowed a piece of code and imports are missing, you do not need to manually remember or type the imports of the Classes being used, simple press "Ctrl + Shift + O" and all needed imports will be added to the class file.
By doing "Ctrl + Shift + O" you also remove any unwanted/unused imports that exist in your class file.
Let's say you copied a line "Data d = new Date();" and you see an error like
Multiple markers at this line
- Date cannot be resolved to a type
- Data cannot be resolved to a type
Press Ctrl + Shift + O you will get a pop-up dialog saying that Date class exists in two packages "com.sql.Date" and "com.util.Date" choose the appropriate and you would see that import statement is added just below package statement at the top. If imports have no resolution to do you would not get this popup and simply the imports will get added.
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2020-09)
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- Android : DeviceMonitor] Sending Tracking request failed! Error - Android
- Cut, Copy and Paste commands for mac - MacOS
- How to make Text in TextView bold and italic in Android - Android
- Android Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error - Android
- Setting Java_Home Environment variable on Windows Operating System - Java
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App - WhatsApp
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example - Android
- SharePoint PowerShell - How to get list item by ID using GetItemById - SharePoint
- How to add border to Android TextView - Android
- Delete Android Studio Projects - Android-Studio
- list of jars required for hibernate 4.x.x - Java
- How to Change Text Size for Android ActionBar - Android
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available - Java
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx - SharePoint