With macOS Big Sur and the M1 based Mac devices now you can run native iOS applications on your Mac, but when I checked the App Store I did not find Spotify App.
If you are wondering how to get Spotify installed on your Mac device then you would need to get the .dmg file from their website.
Download URL: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/
Once you click on this link, you may get a pop-up that reads as below,
Do you want to allow downloads on “www.spotify.com”? You can change which websites can download files in Websites Preferences.
Click on Allow. Once it's downloaded, click on the download icon on Safari and double click on "Install Spotify" to open the app installer.
Note - Again you will get a warning as the app has been downloaded from the web.
“Install Spotify” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Safari downloaded this file today at 7:10 PM from download.scdn.co. Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected.
After you click install, you will see the downloading... window once that's done your app is installed and you can log in and use Spotify natively on your Mac device.
Once you log in you would be asked permission to download the folder - you can click ok
“Spotify” would like to access files in your Downloads folder. Spotify will scan your Downloads folder for audio files. You will find them in the side navigation if you enable Local Files in Spotify's settings.
How to Open Spotify App on Mac
You can open the app in multiple ways -
1 - Open Spotlight Search (Shortcut: Command + Spacebar) and type: Spotify and press enter.
2 - Pinch in with all 4 fingers on your trackpad to open Mission Control and look for the Spotify App icon.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html