With macOS Big Sur and the M1 based Mac devices now you can run native iOS applications on your Mac, but when I checked the App Store I did not find Spotify App.
If you are wondering how to get Spotify installed on your Mac device then you would need to get the .dmg file from their website.
Download URL: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/
Once you click on this link, you may get a pop-up that reads as below,
Do you want to allow downloads on “www.spotify.com”? You can change which websites can download files in Websites Preferences.
Click on Allow. Once it's downloaded, click on the download icon on Safari and double click on "Install Spotify" to open the app installer.
Note - Again you will get a warning as the app has been downloaded from the web.
“Install Spotify” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Safari downloaded this file today at 7:10 PM from download.scdn.co. Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected.
After you click install, you will see the downloading... window once that's done your app is installed and you can log in and use Spotify natively on your Mac device.
Once you log in you would be asked permission to download the folder - you can click ok
“Spotify” would like to access files in your Downloads folder. Spotify will scan your Downloads folder for audio files. You will find them in the side navigation if you enable Local Files in Spotify's settings.
How to Open Spotify App on Mac
You can open the app in multiple ways -
1 - Open Spotlight Search (Shortcut: Command + Spacebar) and type: Spotify and press enter.
2 - Pinch in with all 4 fingers on your trackpad to open Mission Control and look for the Spotify App icon.
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application - Android
- How to install Python on Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned - Android
- How to uninstall/remove or disable Microsoft Teams - Teams
- How to Merge Branch into Master Branch - Git
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing - MacOS