With macOS Big Sur and the M1 based Mac devices now you can run native iOS applications on your Mac, but when I checked the App Store I did not find Spotify App.
If you are wondering how to get Spotify installed on your Mac device then you would need to get the .dmg file from their website.
Download URL: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/
Once you click on this link, you may get a pop-up that reads as below,
Do you want to allow downloads on “www.spotify.com”? You can change which websites can download files in Websites Preferences.
Click on Allow. Once it's downloaded, click on the download icon on Safari and double click on "Install Spotify" to open the app installer.
Note - Again you will get a warning as the app has been downloaded from the web.
“Install Spotify” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Safari downloaded this file today at 7:10 PM from download.scdn.co. Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected.
After you click install, you will see the downloading... window once that's done your app is installed and you can log in and use Spotify natively on your Mac device.
Once you log in you would be asked permission to download the folder - you can click ok
“Spotify” would like to access files in your Downloads folder. Spotify will scan your Downloads folder for audio files. You will find them in the side navigation if you enable Local Files in Spotify's settings.
How to Open Spotify App on Mac
You can open the app in multiple ways -
1 - Open Spotlight Search (Shortcut: Command + Spacebar) and type: Spotify and press enter.
2 - Pinch in with all 4 fingers on your trackpad to open Mission Control and look for the Spotify App icon.
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Installing vue.js in Laravel 8 - PHP
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad? - Microsoft
- [Java] Read a File with UTF-8 Encoding - Java
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur) - MacOS
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java - Java
- vi undo redo command [Examples] - Mac-OS-X
- How to install powershell on macOS - Powershell
- Mac - Open New Tab in Chrome Shortcut - Chrome