With macOS Big Sur and the M1 based Mac devices now you can run native iOS applications on your Mac, but when I checked the App Store I did not find Spotify App.
If you are wondering how to get Spotify installed on your Mac device then you would need to get the .dmg file from their website.
Download URL: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/
Once you click on this link, you may get a pop-up that reads as below,
Do you want to allow downloads on “www.spotify.com”? You can change which websites can download files in Websites Preferences.
Click on Allow. Once it's downloaded, click on the download icon on Safari and double click on "Install Spotify" to open the app installer.
Note - Again you will get a warning as the app has been downloaded from the web.
“Install Spotify” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Safari downloaded this file today at 7:10 PM from download.scdn.co. Apple checked it for malicious software and none was detected.
After you click install, you will see the downloading... window once that's done your app is installed and you can log in and use Spotify natively on your Mac device.
Once you log in you would be asked permission to download the folder - you can click ok
“Spotify” would like to access files in your Downloads folder. Spotify will scan your Downloads folder for audio files. You will find them in the side navigation if you enable Local Files in Spotify's settings.
How to Open Spotify App on Mac
You can open the app in multiple ways -
1 - Open Spotlight Search (Shortcut: Command + Spacebar) and type: Spotify and press enter.
2 - Pinch in with all 4 fingers on your trackpad to open Mission Control and look for the Spotify App icon.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException - Android
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to find lost AirPods? - HowTos