PS /Users/c2ctech> get-service get-service: The term 'get-service' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
If you are using PowerShell on a Mac running on macOS and you try to make use of the Get-Service or any *-Service commands, you will get an error saying it is not recognized, that is because this cmdlet only supports Windows Operating Systems and not PowerShell for macOS.
Alternatively you can try running the below command.
Get-Command -CommandType Cmdlet
Other options: Alias, Application, Configuration, Filter, Script, All, Cmdlet, ExternalScript, and Function.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Fix PowerShell - .ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to check PowerShell version
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- Know installed PowerShell Version on Mac
- How to install powershell on macOS
- PowerShell ps1 script is not digitally signed, you cannot run this script on the current system
- How to upgrade PowerShell on Mac
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- Run JumpCloud Commands in Powershell
- [Fix] Powershell - Term winget is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function or script file
- [fix] Java NullPointerException ComparableTimSort countRunAndMakeAscending when sorting a List - Java
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video - Microsoft
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to Setup AWS Credentials using Visual Studio Code - AWS
- How to check RAM details on Mac? - MacOS
- Java - PatternSyntaxException - Java
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus