If you switch from the default zsh shell to bash on macOS Ventura 13, you will see an info message saying default interactive shell is now zsh
% bash The default interactive shell is now zsh. To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`. For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050. bash-3.2$
When you visit the support link in the message you would know more,
Starting with macOS Catalina, your Mac uses zsh as the default login shell and interactive shell. bash is the default shell in macOS Mojave and earlier.
How to supress the default interactive shell is now zsh message
Open the terminal window and execute the below command.
% export BASH_SILENCE_DEPRECATION_WARNING=1
Now if you try to move to the bash shell, you will not see the message again.
How to change the default shell as bash
- Open Terminal App,
- Type chsh -s /bin/bash
- You will see a message: Changing shell for your-user, enter the password for the logged in user,
- The default shell will now be changed to bash!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- [fix] zsh: illegal hardware instruction python TensorFlow M1/M2 Mac
- macOS Ventura 13: The default interactive shell is now zsh
- Fix: cd: string not in pwd
- How to reload Zsh .zshrc Profile
- Resolve - zsh: command not found: code
- Ubuntu zsh: command not found: nano
- Fix: zsh: command not found: mysql (Mac XAMPP)
- Setting up Zsh Syntax Highlighting
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh
- Fix - zsh: command not found: conda [macOS]
- zsh: command not found [fix] macOS
- ZSH: exec format error eclipse M1/M2 Mac
- Fix for zsh: command not found: brew
- Fix: zsh: command not found: npm after installation (Node.js)
- How to reload zsh shell profile file?
- How to Add New Entry to ZSH PATH
- How to make ZSH as the default shell on Ubuntu
- How to fix: zsh: command not found: jupyter
- How to clear ZSH history of commands executed on Mac Terminal
- Fix - zsh: command not found: pip
- Fix - cd: no such file or directory: .zshrc
- Add Syntax Highlighting in Zsh Shell
- Fix: ZSH: cd: too many arguments (macOS)
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge from Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- How to represent an Enum in Python Programming - Python
- Fix PowerShell - .ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system - Powershell
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- 🎃 Halloween Hashtag 2022 on Social Media 🎃 - Hashtags
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action - Microsoft