If you are new to macOS or have been using a version below macOS Catalina, you would find that as you switch the Terminal prompt from zsh to bash, you get the message "The default interactive shell is now zsh.", you would see that the prompt does move to bash.
c2c@monterey ~ % bash The default interactive shell is now zsh. To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`. For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050. bash-3.2$
To know more you can visit the link in the message: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050
Since macOS Catalina, the default login shell and the interactive shell for Mac devices is zsh (Z Shell)
Switching the default shell on macOS Monterey
- Go to Apple menu ,
- Select System Preferences..,
- Click on Users & Groups,
- Now click on the lock icon and enter your account name & password,
- Control-click (Right Click) on your user name or icon in the list of users and select Advanced Options,
- Now under Login shell - select the shell you want to use as default.
- Click on Ok
Note: You would see the warning: "Changing these settings might damage the account and prevent the user from logging in. You must restart the computer for the changes to these settings to take effect."
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- Open file using CMD in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command - MacOS
- Make Bootstrap Button look like a link - Bootstrap
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog - Android
- Get the current timestamp in Java - Java
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser - Chrome
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus